minton

Metabolic Syndrome?

Rate this topic

I went to my doctor today and upon reviewing his diagnosis paperwork, I became confused. I know why the diagnosis was added, but the symptoms are the exact opposite of mine. The symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome are high blood pressure (mine is chronicly low), cholesterol problems (mine is PERFECT), obesity (I am only 3-5 pounds above normal weight), and insulin resistence (never been checked for it).

The reason I was diagnosed was because: back in April and May, I lost my car for a full 60 days. I was dead broke and so I couldn't afford anything to eat while walking everywhere. I pretty much lived off one meal a day and water and walked 10 miles or more per day. But I gained 21 pounds in the first 30 days, all in the stomach area. I was fatigued all of the time but kept pushing myself. The only way I got my weight down was by adding metformin ER to my meal each day. It also got my energy back. My doctor told me that I wasn't digesting sugars. basically they would sit in my stomach and turn to fat without being used as energy first. That's when the "Metabolic syndrome" diagnosis was added.

But I dont understand. How can I have this syndrome when my symptoms are the exact opposite?

I went to my doctor today and upon reviewing his diagnosis paperwork, I became confused. I know why the diagnosis was added, but the symptoms are the exact opposite of mine. The symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome are high blood pressure (mine is chronicly low), cholesterol problems (mine is PERFECT), obesity (I am only 3-5 pounds above normal weight), and insulin resistence (never been checked for it).

The reason I was diagnosed was because: back in April and May, I lost my car for a full 60 days. I was dead broke and so I couldn't afford anything to eat while walking everywhere. I pretty much lived off one meal a day and water and walked 10 miles or more per day. But I gained 21 pounds in the first 30 days, all in the stomach area. I was fatigued all of the time but kept pushing myself. The only way I got my weight down was by adding metformin ER to my meal each day. It also got my energy back. My doctor told me that I wasn't digesting sugars. basically they would sit in my stomach and turn to fat without being used as energy first. That's when the "Metabolic syndrome" diagnosis was added.

But I dont understand. How can I have this syndrome when my symptoms are the exact opposite?

I would wonder also. Why did your doctor prescribe Metformin if you haven't had any diabetes testing?