Katie B

Where To Buy gluten-free Soy Sauce? (Canada)

Rate this topic

Hi,

I live in downtown Toronto and haven't been able to find a gluten-free soy sauce. Any advice? It's the one thing I'm missing!

Also, are there any support groups in downtown Toronto? I'm newly diagnosed and still trying to figure everything out!

Thanks!

Hi,

I live in downtown Toronto and haven't been able to find a gluten-free soy sauce. Any advice? It's the one thing I'm missing!

Also, are there any support groups in downtown Toronto? I'm newly diagnosed and still trying to figure everything out!

Thanks!

Hi Katie,

I recently contacted the makers of VH and their soy sauce is gluten free. Another is BRAGG. It is much more expensive, but it is so delicious.

:) Paula

I'll second the suggestion of VH. It is widely available in Canadian grocery stores.

VH is a Con Agra brand, so all you have to do is read the label. Any gluten will be clearly disclosed. Most VH sauces are gluten-free.

Thanks! Having trouble getting used to reading labels and sometimes it's so obvious!

Hi. I like Ohsawa Tamari Soy Sauce (it's gluten-free and organic). It is more tangy and less salty than traditional soy sauces--great for marinades. I don't know if you can get it in Canada (I'm from Detroit).

Tamari soy sauce is GREAT. I live in Mississauga and I found it at Loblaws in the gluten free/organic section.

I use VH as well...out here in BC. I have tried Bragg's too but VH is easily at least half the price...never had a problem.

I personally use Braggs; I have high blood pressure so it's lower in salt than in other brands.

I use San-J Wheat-Free Light Tamari. It's way cheaper than some other wheat free tamari and I really like it. I think it tastes a lot like Yamasa which used to be my favourite soy sauce.

I'm on Vancouver Island and I have bought it at Fairway (which I think is local) and Save-On Foods (Overwaitea).