waitingdorothea

Business Travel To St. Louis, Mo

Rate this topic

I will be traveling to St. Louis next month for business. I would appreciate any and all suggestions for gluten-free eating in the area...and tips on places where people haven't had the best experiences. I'm usually in a hurry, but otherwise, I'm open to trying almost anything. Thanks!

In case anyone else has to travel to St. Louis any time soon, I thought I'd loop back and share my experience. Because of where I stayed (Westport) and where I was working (Hazelwood) and my insane hours, I didn't eat out at all. Instead, I ordered ahead a week's worth of entrees and snacks from Beck's, a local gluten free bakery. It turned out to be reasonably priced (cheaper than eating out all meals), and the food was good for pre-prepared and packaged food. If Beck's shipped the entrees, sandwich bread, or chocolate covered pretzels, I would totally be a repeat customer! Unfortunately, these items are pick up only. My only complaint was that it was very difficult to guage how much food was in each individual entree from the website and so my calorie intake was a little...uneven. Considering how much I worked that week, having food sitting in my hotel room's fridge and taking the guesswork out of eating out was exactly what I needed.