minniejack

Reminder Read Your Labels.

Rate this topic

We've all been told to read the labels even on products that you have previously bought that were gluten free because they could've changed formulas. Well, didn't follow that advice and bam--ate a Nature Valley nut bar that was previously okay, but now is not.

I normally don't eat them, but somebody left a half eaten one by the stove. So, after it called my name for 2 days, I finally ate it. Was sick all over the holidays and I couldn't figure out why.

Went to the store yesterday to buy some more for lunches and read the label out of habit and imagine my surprise. At least now I know what got me.

was there something obviously different on the label?

i would be just as suspicious that the bar got contaminated after being toucned by the person who ate the first half and then sittinf insealed for 2 days. that's a lot of time and who know how clean that counter is

was there something obviously different on the label?

i would be just as suspicious that the bar got contaminated after being toucned by the person who ate the first half and then sittinf insealed for 2 days. that's a lot of time and who know how clean that counter is

Our entire family needs to be gluten free. Nothing to contaminate it with around here.

No, the label never listed wheat before and now it does. :(

I hate that.

Recently went to a well known store chain to stock up on my one known source of raw sunflower seeds that are not cross contaminated, and now the package, their house brand, has raw sunflower seeds "made in a facility that also processes wheat and soy." I searched a long time for these and of course the IDIOTIC store (they're expensive) had to go with a cheaper supplier in Texas. Sunflower seeds are grown in North Dakota. They're like, did you complain to the management? at the cashier. I thought, if you knew what I knew about this store, you'd know that it was probably deliberate, because the packages are now also smaller, but the same price.

:angry: