Coleslawcat

Archer Farms (Target Brand) Sausage?

Rate this topic

I was just at Target looking for some sausage to add to my spaghetti sauce. I saw the Archer Farms sausage and it didn't have any obvious gluten ingredients, but I know sausage can sometimes be a culprit. Does anyone know if the Archer Farms sausage is gluten free?

I was just at Target looking for some sausage to add to my spaghetti sauce. I saw the Archer Farms sausage and it didn't have any obvious gluten ingredients, but I know sausage can sometimes be a culprit. Does anyone know if the Archer Farms sausage is gluten free?

Target's in store product labeling policy will clearly say: contains wheat or gluten if it does. Should be safe. I love their stuff because the CONTAINS: is in bigger font and you don't have to read the long long list!

Target's in store product labeling policy will clearly say: contains wheat or gluten if it does. Should be safe. I love their stuff because the CONTAINS: is in bigger font and you don't have to read the long long list!

Thank you!

I emailed Target to ask about their Archer Farms Sausage. They answered within a few hours. Since I didn't have the exact name of the sausage they couldn't tell me. Just know that Target will answer if you have a question. They do not answer in general because they know ingredients change so often.

Tonight I was glutened and I can clearly correlate it to the Archer Farms Italian Chicken Sausage w/o caseing, which I cooked and ate. I was diagnosed with celiac disease in Feb and have been on a stern "naturally gluten-free" diet ever since. Before purchasing these sausages, I read the ingredients which were minimal and no items that are known for possible CC or gluten. I'm sorry to have to write this, but I feel compelled to share. I normally eat Jenny--0 products that state gluten-free right on the package. Going forward, I will only eat sausage that states gluten-free on the package.

Tonight I was glutened and I can clearly correlate it to the Archer Farms Italian Chicken Sausage w/o caseing, which I cooked and ate. I was diagnosed with celiac disease in Feb and have been on a stern "naturally gluten-free" diet ever since. Before purchasing these sausages, I read the ingredients which were minimal and no items that are known for possible CC or gluten. I'm sorry to have to write this, but I feel compelled to share. I normally eat Jenny--0 products that state gluten-free right on the package. Going forward, I will only eat sausage that states gluten-free on the package.

I have eaten these many times over the last 2 years ( didnt see them before that) and had no issues with them. They have some other " flavors" that are tasty, too.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a reaction.

You say you can "clearly correlate" it to this food. I take it you keep a food diary, and this is the only thing different you have eaten in two to three days--reactions can be immediate, or delayed as much as 48 hours. I also assume that there was no ingredient in these sausages that you might have reacted to that was perhaps new to your diet.

Last, you were diagnosed four months ago. Depending on many factors, healing can take from six months to a few years. During that time, damaged intestines may react to something at random.

The truth is, you ate something and had a reaction afterwards. That does not prove that the sausages were the cause, or even that it was gluten.