Roda

Convection Oven

Rate this topic

My oven has been possessed. It has not been right for about a year. I have already spent around $140.00 in repairs/labor and if I try to have the supposed problem fixed again, I'm looking at around another $150.00. I just don't think it is worth it and I am probably going to buy a convection oven. Any tips or suggestions for baking when going from a conventional oven to a convection oven? Thanks.

I've found that overall, the cooking time and temp is more true to what a recipe says, if not a bit less. The only thing I really do differently is when I make muffins or cakes, I rotate them 180o half way thru otherwise their peak is way off center--from the fan blowing in 1 direction :rolleyes: But nothing's ever burnt on the bottom!

When you bake on convection, you need the temp to be 25*F less than the recipe says. Our old convection used to automatically do it for us, but now we have to remember to modify the temp

When you bake on convection, you need the temp to be 25*F less than the recipe says. Our old convection used to automatically do it for us, but now we have to remember to modify the temp

Do you still bake for the recommended time or is it less too?

I always use the recommended temp with my oven, I do check 5-10 minutes before it's supposed to be done. Cookies are about 2 minutes early.

Well I went and got it this afternoon. Hubby and I took out the old one and hooked up the new one. Wow! We broiled ribeye steak and they were done in no time. It is nice to that the broiler is a top broiler. No more bending down on the floor to open the drawer! :rolleyes: It has two bake options: conventional and convection. The manual recommends lowering temp 25 deg. with the convection. I can't wait to try it out. I'm thinking of baking sugar cookies and baking two pans at once. That will save time in the kitchen. :D I am also looking forward to making pancakes on the stove top cast iron griddle.