purple

I Think My Dog Has Pink Eye!

Rate this topic

My dog has many symptoms of pink eye. Is there a home remedy for dogs? We live an hour from town and the vet only comes to our town a couple of days per week. I have dealt with it with people years ago but what can I do for a dog?? Thanks bunches!!

• Upvote 1

I would strongly encourage you not to "self-diagnose" your dog - dogs can have issues that look like pink eye but are caused by different things, quite often something very small in they eye (particularly caught under the third eyelid). Call the vet, and leave a description. You may find that you need to make the hour long drive, but perhaps they can help over the phone as well.

Hey purple, I hope it is just pink-eye but like Tiffany said, talk to your vet. I thought my dog had pink-eye. Actually, the vet initially thought so too, but as soon as the antibiotics were done, it came right back. It ended up she has glaucoma. Good Luck!

Thanks for your replies! She could barely see for 3 days. I prayed over her and the next day she was better. Then the next day back to normal...Praise the Lord! :D

That is so cool!!! Thank the Lord! How is your lil' angel now? :)