This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Arbor Mist Wine

DownWithGluten

DownWithGluten Explorer

Is Arbor Mist wine gluten free? I bought it thinking it was...I think I even drank some after being gluten-free before and was okay...yet suddenly I'm getting paranoid with doubts. :ph34r:

I found some threads saying it was okay, but those were from 2004, 2005...anyone? Please? I want to drink it lol.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Is Arbor Mist wine gluten free? I bought it thinking it was...I think I even drank some after being gluten-free before and was okay...yet suddenly I'm getting paranoid with doubts. :ph34r:

I found some threads saying it was okay, but those were from 2004, 2005...anyone? Please? I want to drink it lol.

https://www.celiac.com/celiac-disease/gluten-free-alcoholic-beverages-r218/

DownWithGluten Explorer

Thanks. But I don't see it on there? I guess it falls under wine, so it should be okay. I'm just worried about the "wine coolers sometimes have malt" thing. I'm not even sure if it's a wine cooler, but it's not just pure wine either.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Thanks. But I don't see it on there? I guess it falls under wine, so it should be okay. I'm just worried about the "wine coolers sometimes have malt" thing. I'm not even sure if it's a wine cooler, but it's not just pure wine either.

It is best when in doubt to call the maker. If this was just wine it would be safe but if the Arbor Mist is wine + ? I would err on the side of caution and call before consuming.

DownWithGluten Explorer

It is best when in doubt to call the maker. If this was just wine it would be safe but if the Arbor Mist is wine + ? I would err on the side of caution and call before consuming.

<_< I called the number from their site earlier today and kept getting a voicemail or something odd. Either that was the right number, and I was just confused, or I misdialed or...something. Boo. And I'm so annoyed at Pamprin too (on another note). I contacted them via email over a month ago and have heard nothing back, and they have no number. Kind of makes things difficult.

But yeah Arbor mist is wine plus something. I'm kind of frustrated at my own paranoia, though. Because I even remember drinking it AFTER going gluten free and it was fine. But I'm like...oh no what if ingredients change, etc. That was back before I had been "glutened" post-diet, so I was a little less paranoid.

Oh the angst! Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and drink it, but only because I do remember drinking it with no problem before. I...think.

DownWithGluten Explorer

I called again after hours out of curiosity, and yep, if I had been patient I would have gotten to the right thing. It started out as a voicemail that said something to the effect of not having service...but then it directed somewhere else, to "Wines US" or something.

So I took a sip, then stopped because I suddenly realized the night I thought I drank it before, I didn't. I still think the other time I drank it was post-gluten-free-diet, but I can't be sure. Anyway I sipped only a little at 11:00 p.m.-ish...my gluten attacks (the two I had post-diet) seem to strike upon the 12th hour, so we'll see how I feel at 11:00 a.m...

Becci Enthusiast

I drink arbor mist and have never had a problem with it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DownWithGluten Explorer

Thanks Becci. That one sip last night didn't affect me so I'm drinking it now. :lol: Seeing your post reassures me further. yay.

Archived