jenngolightly

Trying To Go Cf

Rate this topic

I really think that lactose or casein is a problem for me, so I decided to do an elimination test on Wednesday. My stomach is still cramping and it dawned on me to look up my meds. Lactose is a main ingredient in 4 out of 5 of them! What to do? I can't stop taking them, because some of them are life-lines.

I really think that lactose or casein is a problem for me, so I decided to do an elimination test on Wednesday. My stomach is still cramping and it dawned on me to look up my meds. Lactose is a main ingredient in 4 out of 5 of them! What to do? I can't stop taking them, because some of them are life-lines.

If you are not able to find another brand of the meds that meet your needs, you may be able to get some made to your specifications at a compounding pharmacy. I would start by asking your local pharmacy where one is in your area. They should know.

While I am casein intolerant, I found that I didn't have any problems with the pharmaceutical grade lactose that was in my meds. Your mileage may vary, of course, but I don't worry about casein in pharmaceutical grade lactose.

While I am casein intolerant, I found that I didn't have any problems with the pharmaceutical grade lactose that was in my meds. Your mileage may vary, of course, but I don't worry about casein in pharmaceutical grade lactose.

Cool!

I did some research and found that pharmaceutical grade lactose only contains .01% milk protein. I'd say that's safe enough for me to continue with my cf journey. Thanks so much for clarifying about meds. It would have cost a fortune to have them made without lactose.