citygirl114

New Orleans Restaurant Info

Rate this topic

I am from Canada and will be in New Orleans this July. Anyone have any info on restaurants with gluten free menus?

Just about any of the top restaurants with real chefs will be able to take care of you. Commander's Palace is fantastic. Last time I checked, Acme Oyster House fried their stuff in cornmeal.

As for standard La. fare, gumbo and etouffee will always have flour. Jambalaya doesn't (but still ask, of course).

rikchard

thanks for the info, I have not done very much travelling and so I am a little worried about being able to eat gluten free. I appreciate your help

I've had good experiences at: dickie brennans steakhouse, emerils delmonico, rio mar, doson's noodle house, zeas bistro, superior grill, and gordon biersch. Also recently found out about Casamento's restaurant which has all gluten free fried seafood (so no cross contamination!!) and naked pizza that has gluten-free pizza dough (but could have cross contamination issues. All of the sushi places have been great, though of course you have to bring your own soy sauce. My favorites are rock n sake and Hana. Another thing to know is that you can have crawfish boil, the spices are gluten free :)