glutengal

I Have A Question

Rate this topic

Hi

I have not been here in quite some time as I myself have been following the diet and have had great improvement (mainly with my constipation issue). My question is that my daughter who has been gluten free since June had tremendous improvement but recently started getting headaches again. She has not been glutened as she has been following the same menus and there has been no change in the foods she consumes. I am wondering if it is possible even though she is still consuming some dairy, soy and sugar if these could still be the cause of the headaches even though she had not had headaches since going gluten free until last week (she had headaches almost every day before being gluten free). I am wondering if I should put her on the SCD. She lives by herself as is disabled and it would be very difficult for her as I would have to pre-cook all her food and freeze things,as she cannot cook for herself. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It is certainly possible to have other intolerances besides gluten. The obvious question, if the headaches just started last week, has she changed her diet and added some trigger without realizing it? Maybe a new medication or vitamin pill? She also could have a virus or something like that. Soy and dairy are among the top allergens for the US. So they certainly could be a problem. I suppose sugar could cause headaches if she were pre-diabetic? I am not sure on that. Thyroid problems are common too, and might cause headaches for some people. The foods are probably the simplest area to look at first.

I use to make a big batch of rice each weekend and freeze it several bags. Then I could microwave a rice meal pretty quick during the week. Doing this every weekend and making different versions you can have a variety of choices after a while. Might work out well for her.

The SCD seems to push yogurt as part of the diet. So that wouldn't work if she has dairy issue. You could do it without the yogurt I guess. I think I have read about people buying or making coconut milk yogurt somewhere on here.

Sometimes even opening a new bag of something that you have been eating for months causes a glutening. Companies change ingredients sources, ingredients, processing techniques, etc. Things change all the time. This has happened to me. These are really hard glutenings to track down. Good luck.