Julysailor

Glutened By Canned Salmon

Rate this topic

My fault for not reading product origin, but I thought Starkissed canned salmon was a safe product of the U.S. west coast. The can read product of Thialand. This is a heads-up for everyone, read product origin because the labeling laws are diffrent outside the U.S. There were no allergy warning at all and nothing in the ingredients to indicate anything other than wholesome salmon. blink.gif Is canned tuna safe?

I've had theirs, and not had a problem with it. Heck, the canned salmon I had wasn't even in broth, just water with a little salt added. Could it have been something else you ate with the salmon?

Food sold in the US must conform to US labeling laws, regardless of country of origin.

My fault for not reading product origin, but I thought Starkissed canned salmon was a safe product of the U.S. west coast. The can read product of Thialand. This is a heads-up for everyone, read product origin because the labeling laws are diffrent outside the U.S. There were no allergy warning at all and nothing in the ingredients to indicate anything other than wholesome salmon. blink.gif Is canned tuna safe?

Anything made outside of the U.S. but sold in the U.S. has to meet U.S. labeling laws, including listing allergens.

richard

We use wild caught alaskan salmon with no problems. But I get ill when I eat farm raised salmon. antibiotics & growth hormones plus usually raise in murky , dirty water ( we call it swamp water)makes all of us ill...... I'm not sure how or where Star_Kist gets their from.... I would hope its okay.....

Alaskan salmon fresh or canned type is the best tasting, more expensive but what a difference in taste........

mamaw

I have had the opposite problem. Farmed salmon is safe for me and wild salmon is not. Wild salmon has about 3 times the mercury content of farmed salmon, and for someone like me who is sensitive to mercury that's a big difference.

We use wild caught alaskan salmon with no problems. But I get ill when I eat farm raised salmon. antibiotics & growth hormones plus usually raise in murky , dirty water ( we call it swamp water)makes all of us ill...... I'm not sure how or where Star_Kist gets their from.... I would hope its okay.....

Alaskan salmon fresh or canned type is the best tasting, more expensive but what a difference in taste........

mamaw