This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Reacting To Non Allergen Food Too.

Gobbie

Gobbie Apprentice

Hi, I am suffering from many food allergies and intolerances and under a lot of stress as a result.

Here are the allergy/intolerance lists that I have been tested for:

-Gluten

-Dairy

-Yeast

-Alcohol

-Saccharine

-MSG

-E Colours

-Nuts

-Magnesium

-House dust

-Hay fever

My allergy symptoms are:

-Diarrhea (within 30mins always)

-Bloating

-Abdominal cramp

-Abdominal discomfort

-Gas

-Indigestion

-Feeling sick

-Body holding too much water

-Dizziness

-Fatigue

-Insomnia

-Depression/mood swing..miserable in general

-Stabbing pain all over my body

-Mind fog

-Rash

-Fever

-Skin problem

Rash and fever only appear with nuts and chemicals. Though gluten raises my body temperature too.

However, I still get these symptoms (with less pain) for non allergen food.

For instance, rice or allergy free snacks, canned stuff..

This is not temporary as I have been like this since February 2009. It started with one non allergen food then eventually to all.

Therefore the only food type that doesn't trigger the symptoms are fresh vegetables and fruits.

A doctor prescribed IBS med which did not stop the symptoms and only gave more pain with diarrhea.

Can this be a leaky gut issue? Or something else possibly?

I am having several blood tests done tomorrow but just incase the results don't show anything.. I want to get advices or help from the people on the know. I was tested definitely negative to rice and preservatives and why am I reacting to non allergens?

It can not be IBS since my body reacts to certain types of food. Plus symptoms occure every time..

I really want any form of advice/help I can get..

Please help if you can.

Thank you so much.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mtndog Collaborator

Hi Gobbie- I just read your other post. It could be that your body is so sick that it is having problems digesting food. Stick with basic, fresh, unprocessed foods. Broth if you need to and then add a vegetable or meat that you're pretty sure you tolerate. I hope you get answers soon.

Korwyn Explorer

Hi, I am suffering from many food allergies and intolerances and under a lot of stress as a result.

Here are the allergy/intolerance lists that I have been tested for:

-Gluten

-Dairy

-Yeast

-Alcohol

-Saccharine

-MSG

-E Colours

-Nuts

-Magnesium

-House dust

-Hay fever

My allergy symptoms are:

-Diarrhea (within 30mins always)

-Bloating

-Abdominal cramp

-Abdominal discomfort

-Gas

-Indigestion

-Feeling sick

-Body holding too much water

-Dizziness

-Fatigue

-Insomnia

-Depression/mood swing..miserable in general

-Stabbing pain all over my body

-Mind fog

-Rash

-Fever

-Skin problem

Rash and fever only appear with nuts and chemicals. Though gluten raises my body temperature too.

However, I still get these symptoms (with less pain) for non allergen food.

For instance, rice or allergy free snacks, canned stuff..

This is not temporary as I have been like this since February 2009. It started with one non allergen food then eventually to all.

Therefore the only food type that doesn't trigger the symptoms are fresh vegetables and fruits.

A doctor prescribed IBS med which did not stop the symptoms and only gave more pain with diarrhea.

Can this be a leaky gut issue? Or something else possibly?

I am having several blood tests done tomorrow but just incase the results don't show anything.. I want to get advices or help from the people on the know. I was tested definitely negative to rice and preservatives and why am I reacting to non allergens?

It can not be IBS since my body reacts to certain types of food. Plus symptoms occure every time..

I really want any form of advice/help I can get..

Please help if you can.

Thank you so much.

What about various meats and eggs? Have you looked into sulfite/salicylates/glutamates? Could you have a protein allergy?

jststric Contributor

I was much like you about 4 yrs ago. Sounds like your 'gut' needs healing first so you can digest some things. My doc suggested eating probiotics in yogurt for 2 wkd but I was also dairy-intolerant. It took awhile to find allergen-free supplements and vitamins at www.kirkmanlabs.com. I took a double dose of acidolphilus for 2 wkd and could tell a difference. Then you can do a better job of an elimination diet and find out what really bothers you. I I am also intolerant of many things that's on the common allergen lists. I've read many times that we are suddenly hit with these problems due ti a stressful situation or period of time. You were probably prone due ti other factors but stress most likely triggered it.

Gobbie Apprentice

I was much like you about 4 yrs ago. Sounds like your 'gut' needs healing first so you can digest some things. My doc suggested eating probiotics in yogurt for 2 wkd but I was also dairy-intolerant. It took awhile to find allergen-free supplements and vitamins at www.kirkmanlabs.com. I took a double dose of acidolphilus for 2 wkd and could tell a difference. Then you can do a better job of an elimination diet and find out what really bothers you. I I am also intolerant of many things that's on the common allergen lists. I've read many times that we are suddenly hit with these problems due ti a stressful situation or period of time. You were probably prone due ti other factors but stress most likely triggered it.

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Like you, I was prescribed Probiotics so I had it everyday for few months but made no changes for me. My dietrician recommended Digestive aid supplements too but by then I was fed up relying on those stuff. Furthermore, my gut instinct (and the gut itself lol) told me I need something more than that, the pain and discomfort was too distinctive for any delay.

Stress as trigger, I agree with you on that! Really glad I am not alone in thinking that.

The time it happened, though I love my work, I was under a lot of stress due to projects and other personal stuff. But I had no control over them..despite my efforts, I couldn't change the personal circumstances and pressured on with things but I guess that has taken its toll.

Thank you so much for everything and the website.

I am really honored to receive so much support. Thank you.

Gobbie Apprentice

What about various meats and eggs? Have you looked into sulfite/salicylates/glutamates? Could you have a protein allergy?

Thank you for the quick reply and info.

Though there is a protein allergy?! Gosh!

I have Monosodium Glutamate(MSG) allergy/intolerance, does that count as glutamate allergy?

I wasn't tested for sulfite/salicylates but tested for meat and eggs and test came out negative.

So I am suppose to be ok with them.

Though I have cut out red meat 2, 3 years ago as I had problems with them.. indigestion mostly plus I didn't like tham. Then I cut out all meat. Eggs then became troublesome causing allergy symptoms despite the test result.

So I am vegan.

Eventhough somehow I become able to eat meat and eggs, I don't want to put them back to my diet.

I just really don't like them.

Plus some fishes (sushi or fresh as that's what I can have safely sometimes) give me symptoms too..

Therefore I decided not to gamble and cut them out too.

Gobbie Apprentice

Hi Gobbie- I just read your other post. It could be that your body is so sick that it is having problems digesting food. Stick with basic, fresh, unprocessed foods. Broth if you need to and then add a vegetable or meat that you're pretty sure you tolerate. I hope you get answers soon.

Thank you so much for your advise.

I think you are right. My body is too exhausted I think..and probably gained some disease or infection on the way. I am now waiting for blood test results to come in few days.

Thank you so much for the support, thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Korwyn Explorer

Thank you for the quick reply and info.

Though there is a protein allergy?! Gosh!

I have Monosodium Glutamate(MSG) allergy/intolerance, does that count as glutamate allergy?

I wasn't tested for sulfite/salicylates but tested for meat and eggs and test came out negative.

So I am suppose to be ok with them.

Though I have cut out red meat 2, 3 years ago as I had problems with them.. indigestion mostly plus I didn't like tham. Then I cut out all meat. Eggs then became troublesome causing allergy symptoms despite the test result.

So I am vegan.

Eventhough somehow I become able to eat meat and eggs, I don't want to put them back to my diet.

I just really don't like them.

Plus some fishes (sushi or fresh as that's what I can have safely sometimes) give me symptoms too..

Therefore I decided not to gamble and cut them out too.

Wow...ok, given what you have said about your diet in a couple threads I see some potential concerns. As a vegan (voluntary or involuntary) and the other restrictions on your diet as you have described I would seriously look at lack of critical nutrients. CoQ-10, B2, B6, B12, D3, H (Biotin/B7), Omega3,6,9, Selenium, Iodine (Thyroid function), Sodium (Brain/CNS), Manganese, Magnesium, Copper, Zinc, and Iron are would be things I personally would have looked at by a nutritionist as soon as possible.

Gobbie Apprentice

Wow...ok, given what you have said about your diet in a couple threads I see some potential concerns. As a vegan (voluntary or involuntary) and the other restrictions on your diet as you have described I would seriously look at lack of critical nutrients. CoQ-10, B2, B6, B12, D3, H (Biotin/B7), Omega3,6,9, Selenium, Iodine (Thyroid function), Sodium (Brain/CNS), Manganese, Magnesium, Copper, Zinc, and Iron are would be things I personally would have looked at by a nutritionist as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for specific and detailed info!

With my initial allergy test back in the summer, I lacked Bio Acid, Magnesium, Calcium and Vitamin E. So I was given Probiotics, calcium supplements. They may have helped without me noticing but I think my body has sustained severe damage that those weren't enough to make a significant recovery.

I am vegan because half voluntary/involuntary.

My allergies/intolerances means limited diet and I can't diget meat properly even few years ago so had to cut them out of my diet which improved my health until this came along.

I am aware that vegans are required to have vitamin supplements which I have already, I think.

Thank you so much for detailed info. Thank you.

Archived