jasonD2

Question About Enzymes

Rate this topic

Hey folks-

I recently posted on enzymes for pancreatic insufficiency. I started taking them yesterday and have already noticed an improvement in my bowel movement, however, they are also causing upper GI discomfort. I feel like after i take them there is a heavy/full sensation like my food hasnt gone all the way down. Is this normal? I really feel i can benefit from these enzymes and want to take them, but might have to stop. is it normal to have this reaction? I remember trying some enzymes a few years ago and they had the same effect. lately i have been taking zantac for indigestion (as needed) so maybe i will have to continue..perhaps im overproducing acid but underproducing enzymes? id appreciate any feedback

Jason,

does it feel like you're full to the gills? If so, I had that, too. I found that grazing for a week or so helped it to go away. I also take Aciphex, for GERD. My doc thinks that the problem is actually not enough acid, though. I am trying HCL for that. Anyway, after a week of grazing, that full feeling went away. Are you taking 2 caps with each meal? Try taking them with the first bite, eat a bit, wait for 20 minutes, then eat some more. It's a pain, but it works.

Janie

Yeah i do feel that way and eating smaller meals does help, but i have a strong appetite & want to just keep eating :)

I was taking Biogest (HCL) but had to stop cause it was making it worse