Rate this topic

I've always used Fry's cocoa without problems, but recently I was getting celiac symptoms everytime I ate something made with it. The label said only "may contain milk products" Then when I was grocery shopping I picked up a can to read the label and it said "...may contain wheat" So now I won't use it anymore. Just thought I'd pass it on to you chocolate lovers out there. :)

I've always used Fry's cocoa without problems, but recently I was getting celiac symptoms everytime I ate something made with it. The label said only "may contain milk products" Then when I was grocery shopping I picked up a can to read the label and it said "...may contain wheat" So now I won't use it anymore. Just thought I'd pass it on to you chocolate lovers out there. :)

In Canada Fry's is made at two different factories. One factory has wheat in it and the other does not. The two cans are labelled correctly. The large cans sold at Costo are from the wheat factory.

In Canada Fry's is made at two different factories. One factory has wheat in it and the other does not. The two cans are labelled correctly. The large cans sold at Costo are from the wheat factory.

Many thanks! :D

Many thanks! :D

Wow, I am quite diligent with checking labels, but for some reason I've never looked at my Fry's cocoa label. Sure enough, it says it may contain wheat. I enjoy a hot cocoa frequently and have not experienced any ill side-effects to date, but I'll definitely be looking at Fry's labels from now on. I also just looked at my jar of Camino cocoa and it too may contain wheat. Dang it!