This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How Old Are You?

Guest Doct.Giggles

gf4life Enthusiast

My oldest is going into 6th grade. He will be 11 in October. I would like to get him interested in posting here, so he could talk about how he is feeling about the diet, issues at school, etc. but so far no luck. The only other person he knows in "real life" that is gluten intolerant besides his family, is a girl who is also 10 and my friend's daughter. He can't stand to be around her. She annoys him so badly and they fight everytime they are near each other. They actually got into a physical fight on the playground (she grqabbed his shirt and pinched him hard on the back, so he kicked her in the back) and they were told not to play near each other for the rest of the year! LOL, it was two weeks before summer vacation! Certainly they don't confide in each other about how they feel about the diet. I just feel like it is important for him to have other people in the same situation who can understand how he is feeling. It just doesn't seem to be important to him right now.

God bless,

Mariann

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonQueen Explorer

Hi gf4life, I can't seem to find anybody on this board my same age. I am going into 6th grade as well and am going gluten-free. Maybe your son and me could PM each other, that way he'd might feel more comfortable :)

Thank you all for welcoming me to the teen boards. I guess I have alot to learn about the gluten-free diet.

gf4life Enthusiast
Hi gf4life, I can't seem to find anybody on this board my same age. I am going into 6th grade as well and am going gluten-free. Maybe your son and me could PM each other, that way he'd might feel more comfortable smile.gif

I asked him and he sayed, "maybe". He is thinking about it. I'll let you know what he decides (or he will). :) He liked your Avatar though. He thought it was cool!

God bless,

Mariann

celiac3270 Collaborator

He can e-mail me if he wants to. There's a bit of an age difference, but not too much and I'd be happy to talk...no pressure, though, it's fine if he'd rather not. :)

gf4life Enthusiast

Thanks celiac3270. I'll let him know.

God bless,

Mariann

connole1056 Rookie

I talked to my daughter and she will soon be posting, or at least reading your posts, in this section. I just wanted to make sure it was permitted, since she is not a teenager. I am concerned that some topics might not be appropriate because I do know that sometimes topics veer off course. Not that I think there is going to be anything bad, just not appropriate for an 11 year old. I will monitor her though. I know she will enjoy hearing from other celiacs in the same (general) age group because, as I stated previously, she does not have anyone her age to talk about celiac disease with. She is not too computer savy though, so please go easy on her (haha). She will probably have a name like surfgirl or something so watch out for her!! Thanks! :P

celiac3270 Collaborator

She can absolutely post here and we'll keep an eye out :);) .

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I'll keep my eye out for her and help welcome her :D

connole1056 Rookie

Thanks sooooo much. But she does LOVE her Yankees!!!!!

Guest SURFER-GIRL

Hi, I have my own account now. I am 11 and just finished grade five. I look forward to reading all the posts,and responding to them.

celiac3270 Collaborator

--

DragonQueen Explorer

Hi there!! :lol: Welcome to the board. I'm also new here and am 11, i'm going into 6th grade.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Welcome to the board! You will get lots of advice and help here and there are tons of friendly people :)

Guest Doct.Giggles

I think thaat every one who wants to post should post. I just can't believe that younger people have the intrest to post a message. When I fist started on the website. I did not know of the message board. :D Call me blind, there is an icon on the home page, (I am a retard)!! :D

Tiffany

num1habsfan Rising Star

I am not a teenager anymore, but I was when I got Celiac so its why I stick to this section. I am 21, but still look like a teen if that counts ;)

Feel free to message me or chat anytime!!

~lisa~

jazzyjess Newbie

hey

i hav just joined i only became coeliacs around easter

im 14

feel free to email me cos im findin everythin quite tough at the mo

my email is justjazzyjess@hotmail.co.uk

Teku Apprentice

Hi people my name is Ben. I am going into sixth grade too. I have been on the diet for a long time. Dragon queen already knows me. I am 10 and I am going to be 11 in October. You can email me if you want to know anything about me.

Now I just have to get a cool avatar. :angry::D

celiac3270 Collaborator
Hi people my name is Ben. I am going into sixth grade too. I have been on the diet for a long time. Dragon queen already knows me. I am 10 and I am going to be 11 in October. You can email me if you want to know anything about me.

Now I just have to get a cool avatar. :angry::D

Hey, Ben, are you Mariann's son or are you a different Ben?

Yep...those avatars :lol: ...I started with the waterfall a few weeks after I got here. A few weeks later I changed waterfalls. After a few months, I gave up on trying to find a cute, funny, or interesting avatar.... oh well, I figure that at least people know if they see a waterfall, it's probably me. With some of them, I just see the picture and I don't need to read the name...

Feel free to e-mail me! (that applies to you and anyone else)

Teku Apprentice

Yes Mariann is my mom. :lol:

celiac3270 Collaborator

--

DragonQueen Explorer

Hey Ben!

So what kind of Avatar do ya want? I went on to some website a long time ago, got the dragon pic and then when I got on this website I put it into www.villagephotos.com, (or something like that) I found an avatar site too which id better

-Open Original Shared Link

--KK

jazzyjess Newbie

hey ben and every1 else!!!

im jess im 14 im goign into year 10 after september i started the diet a few months ago so im new to the whole situation i wanted to talk to people around my age

if anyones got any tips or wants to email me they can cos it wud be cool to get to know you guys!

i did put my email on the board but here it is again anyway

justjazzyjess@hotmail.co.uk

Teku Apprentice

Hey everyone. I got my avatar. B) Do you like it?? I drew it myself.

Say something if you don't understand what it is and I will tell you.

celiac3270 Collaborator

--

Teku Apprentice

Teku is the name of a racing team created by HotWheels and their Acceleracers movies. First I got a HotWheels toy called a hyperpod. It came with a DVD and I watched it. It was a prequel and teku was not in it. My brother got episode 1 and teku was in it. Then we got episodes 2 and 3. Which is 1 movie when you watch them together. I like teku out of 4 teams because they have the coolest cars. That weird symbol is the teku's symbol. My brother wants me to put the ninja so I will. :ph34r:

Archived