Rate this topic

I went to a new doctor today with my entero labs in hand, along with other labs and my history. I was very surprised that he accepted the labs without question. He was a pathologist before he was an md. I asked if I should have the biopsy to see if I had celiac. "He said "No, there is no need, you have Celiac Disease, why put yourself through a biopsy". Wow-I already knew I had it, I was just shocked he would believe me for some reason. Anyway to my question... He wants to put me on JuicePlus+ a whole foods supplement, but I noticed after I left one of the ingredients is Oats. Isn't that a no no?

I went to a new doctor today with my entero labs in hand, along with other labs and my history. I was very surprised that he accepted the labs without question. He was a pathologist before he was an md. I asked if I should have the biopsy to see if I had celiac. "He said "No, there is no need, you have Celiac Disease, why put yourself through a biopsy". Wow-I already knew I had it, I was just shocked he would believe me for some reason. Anyway to my question... He wants to put me on JuicePlus+ a whole foods supplement, but I noticed after I left one of the ingredients is Oats. Isn't that a no no?

I'd say so. You should do some research on Juice+. I briefly considered it for my kids but researched it and was very iffy. I can't remember the details so you'll have to do it. Basically, if you're eating lots of fruits/veggies, you don't need it. You can get more out of eating the whole foods than taking a pill. Plus, it's expensive. Also, when I talked to the rep (who called me multiple times over the holidays), she said that they were gluten-free but the ingredients listed oats (I seem to recall barley) and after talking with the chemist person, they said it was gluten-free because it fell under the testable limits.

Sorry I can't provide more detail. I don't have the time to look it up at the moment and I'm feeling a bit fuzzy.

Juice Plus is a multi-level marketing program. Chances are your doctor is also a rep and gets a commission. It's frightfully expensive and you should be able to get the same results with a high quality gluten-free vitamin (for a fraction of the price). I am fairly certain the company doesn't claim any of their products to be entirely gluten-free although you will find many reps who say otherwise.

I am leery of Juice Plus. I went to a demonstration, with my kids, and i felt like I was being indoctrinated into a cult or something! I asked the distributor, how exactly do they dehydrate all these fruits and vegetables, with heat? Because wouldn't that cause vitamin and enzyme loss? She said, no, they didn't use heat. Well, then how? She paused, and you could tell she had NO freaking clue. She said, "It's a patented process of some kind." Okeydokey.

Since I have apple allergies, and most all of their products have apple I couldn't buy anything anyway, even if the oats weren't an issue.

I got an e-mail stating that they do not contain gluten, my mom has had me taking them and I've had no problems.