sandsurfgirl

No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies

Rate this topic

Mix together

1 cup sugar

1 cup peanut butter (I use all natural just peanuts type.)

1 egg

Stir together and form into balls. Place on baking sheet and press down with a fork. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. They don't really brown so take them out at that time.

I just made these and the plate is almost gone. My gluten eating family is going nuts for them! DH just said it's one of the best cookies he has ever had.

Mix together

1 cup sugar

1 egg

Stir together and form into balls. Place on baking sheet and press down with a fork. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. They don't really brown so take them out at that time.

I just made these and the plate is almost gone. My gluten eating family is going nuts for them! DH just said it's one of the best cookies he has ever had.

I've seen this recipe a lot and everyone raves about them in the reviews. I would love to try them sometime for my family(me and peanut butter dont mix well-and we use the natural too) How much does this make? It seems like it wouldnt make a lot, but i bet they are good!

I've seen this recipe a lot and everyone raves about them in the reviews. I would love to try them sometime for my family(me and peanut butter dont mix well-and we use the natural too) How much does this make? It seems like it wouldnt make a lot, but i bet they are good!

It made one big cookie sheet full. I didn't count, but maybe a dozen or a few more. That was decent size too, not tiny.

They really taste like they have flour in them. If you brought them to a party and didn't tell anyone, seriously they wouldn't be able to tell they weren't regular old peanut butter cookies.

Mix together

1 cup sugar

1 egg

I so want to try these but the thought of what my system would do if I ingested refined white sugar like that makes me shudder. I wonder if I could substitute 3/4 raw honey instead... Hmmm....

oh my gosh these were awesome ... my boys loved them too! won't be making these very often since they are irresistable! yum! :D

Has anyone tried substituting two egg yolks for the egg whites?

I've been making variations of this since I went gluten free (again) nine months ago. And it's decent with honey or agave--I've used both. There isn't quite the crunchy shell that some versions of this have. (Those versions say that you should roll the balls in sugar before pressing them down.)

My current favorite version involves mixing dark chocolate peanut butter (if you want something good/miss Nutella, seriously? Find the Peanut Butter Co.'s gourmet peanut butters) with crunchy peanut butter (natural because it's soy free) with sugar, egg, and baking powder. My starting recipe calls for a teaspoon of baking powder; other versions call for a teaspoon of baking soda.

I haven't removed the egg white from this, but I know that it's possible to make a double batch with only one egg, so it might be possible. At the very least, it'd be an interesting experiment.

Duh! My mistake. I'd need to add two egg whites instead of the egg yolk as it's the yolk I'm intolerant to, not the white.

They're also amazing if, once they are completely cooled, you dip them into melted chocolate, then let it set. SOOOOO good. I tried this because I had tried to add some chocolate chips in to the dough once and the balls wouldn't stay together when forming. I suppose you could just pat them into a 9x13 dish and make bars out of them...or make bars from the regular recipe and then add melted chocolate to the top of the bars--easier than dipping them all :)

I also added an extra egg, makes the dough less crumbly

I add a teaspoon of vanilla to mine. Dipping in chocolate sounds like a fantastic idea--I'd do half and leave the other half plain.

I put chocolate chips in tonight and they turned out great. I just made sure there was plenty of dough and I formed them into cookie shapes in my hand so the chips stayed in.

I forgot to say in my original post that you need to flatten the balls of dough when you put them on the cookie sheet.

I was thinking about dipping them in chocolate too!

I so want to try these but the thought of what my system would do if I ingested refined white sugar like that makes me shudder. I wonder if I could substitute 3/4 raw honey instead... Hmmm....

The recipe that I have calls for 1/2 c. sugar. The rest is the same. I usually use health food store peanutbutter, so I don't know if Jiff or other brand are gluten-free or not, but I know they add sugar so the 1/2 cup makes sense if you're using that kind.

The recipe that I have calls for 1/2 c. sugar. The rest is the same. I usually use health food store peanutbutter, so I don't know if Jiff or other brand are gluten-free or not, but I know they add sugar so the 1/2 cup makes sense if you're using that kind.

I use: 1 egg

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup white sugar

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. vanilla

Lightly beat egg in separate bowl. Mix peanut butter and sugar in large bowl, by hand until well blended. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Roll 1 TBSP of dough into a ball and roll in white sugar to coat. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Use a fork dipped in sugar to create hatch marks like traditional pb cookies.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let sit on baking trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks. Makes approximately 36 cookies. These are absolutely delicious and the staff at my school thought they were traditional cookies and professionally made because they were all uniform.

Enjoy!