This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Please Help: Need Suggestions For A Good, gluten-free Pro-Biotic

Lynayah

Lynayah Enthusiast

Aside from 24-hour Specific Carbohydrate Diet Yogurt, has anyone found a good, gluten-free pro-biotic supplement? I could use some help in finding one. Thank you for your help! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jststric Contributor

Aside from 24-hour Specific Carbohydrate Diet Yogurt, has anyone found a good, gluten-free pro-biotic supplement? I could use some help in finding one. Thank you for your help! :)

I use Kirkman Labs supplements. They have a nice selection of not only gluten-free but allergen-free products. They have a very nice customer service also. www.kirkmanlabs.com

tarnalberry Community Regular

I think the one I take is from Solaray. Whole Foods has a couple of dairy free probiotics, and I haven't seen many at all that contain gluten (unless they have oat fiber listed in the ingredients). Most of them say "gluten free" right on the label.

Lynayah Enthusiast

I think the one I take is from Solaray. Whole Foods has a couple of dairy free probiotics, and I haven't seen many at all that contain gluten (unless they have oat fiber listed in the ingredients). Most of them say "gluten free" right on the label.

What do you like about the Solaray one?

We had four different brands in the house at the time of my diagnosis. Nothing on the label about being gluten-free, so I called each company. It surprised me when THREE of them said that the pro-biotics were not gluten free! Only one of them passed: Inflam-Away from Premier Labs.

Problem is that Inflam-Away (not InflameAway, that is a different product) is difficult to find. One online company took my order and never delivered! I can find them locally, but they are very expensive.

I'm hoping to find a good one that I can catch on sale from time to time, or order at a discount, if possible. If I order online, I also want to order from a well-established online merchant who I know and trust.

Also, the ingredients in different brands vary considerably -- I'd really like to hear from people here which ones they use and why -- decisions, decisions! :)

ciavyn Contributor

I really like Solaray vitamins, and I know they are gluten free. So that is probably a pretty good suggestion.

I take shelf-stable acidophilus at my local health store who also sells online. I think the price is right, the product really WORKS, and it's gluten, soy, corn, salt, yeast, and preservative free. You can find it Open Original Shared Link.

Eric-C Enthusiast

I take Culturelle, that one was recommended by my doctor.

nesseca Newbie

I like the HLC Probiotics that you can get from Rockwellnutrition.com.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lynayah Enthusiast

I appreciate all the suggestions! Has anyone here ever used anything by Enzymedica -- Digest Gold?

Archived