kampingal

Gluten -Free Dedicated Friers

Rate this topic

Hi,

I'm still waiting for test results and new to this gluten-free world. Not sure of my level of intollerance or if there is such a thing as a "level" of intolerance.

My question is... does everyone with Gluten Intolerance have to worry about something like a gluten-free dedicated fryer for something like corn chips at a restaurant? How much gluten is transferred in that kind of process? Does anyone know of any articles or research on this that I could reference?

Thanks!

Kathy

Hi,

I'm still waiting for test results and new to this gluten-free world. Not sure of my level of intollerance or if there is such a thing as a "level" of intolerance.

My question is... does everyone with Gluten Intolerance have to worry about something like a gluten-free dedicated fryer for something like corn chips at a restaurant? How much gluten is transferred in that kind of process? Does anyone know of any articles or research on this that I could reference?

Thanks!

Kathy

Hi Kathy and welcome!

Here is some information that you may find interesting:

http://americanceliac.org/celiac-disease/

There is some "chat" that an intolerance to gluten may be a precursor to Celiac Disease, although I do not have the time to reference that at the moment.

The important thing here, is to know if you are intolerant or have Celiac, with regard to gluten exposure.

Personally I won't touch anything that has been cooked in the same fryer as non gluten free stuff. I consider it basically like having a gluten free food with breadcrumbs sprinkled on it. Normally if the fryers are shared its a horrible idea because the stuff is usually breaded. Always check that it is a dedicated fryer and you will be safe.

Krista