Kelynn

Endoscopy Monday!

Rate this topic

I had my blood work done on Friday (including the genetic test) and I have my endoscopy on Monday morning. I'm super nervous for it, partially because I don't know what to expect.

Any words of advice, encouragement, or things to keep in mind? :unsure:

I had my blood work done on Friday (including the genetic test) and I have my endoscopy on Monday morning. I'm super nervous for it, partially because I don't know what to expect.

Any words of advice, encouragement, or things to keep in mind? :unsure:

The test is pretty simple. Most doctors will give you a sedative or do a 'twilight anesthesia'. You will not likely remember anything from the test. Some folks have a bit of a sore throat afterwards but not everyone. Do make sure your doctor is taking lots of biopsies and you should start a trial of the diet after the biopsy is done, you don't have to wait on the results. Your body may give you the answer before you even get the results back. Do keep in mind that there are false negatives for both blood and biopsy and many doctors only test for 2 out of 9 celiac associated genes. No matter what the results are if the diet is helping stay with it.

The test is pretty simple. Most doctors will give you a sedative or do a 'twilight anesthesia'. You will not likely remember anything from the test. Some folks have a bit of a sore throat afterwards but not everyone. Do make sure your doctor is taking lots of biopsies and you should start a trial of the diet after the biopsy is done, you don't have to wait on the results. Your body may give you the answer before you even get the results back. Do keep in mind that there are false negatives for both blood and biopsy and many doctors only test for 2 out of 9 celiac associated genes. No matter what the results are if the diet is helping stay with it.

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to resond :)

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to resond :)

I just noticed in your sig that you have been doing a gluten challenge. How has it been? Have you reacted?