Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa79

Thyriod Problems?

Hi

I have had my T3 and T4 blood tests regularly, although I feel I have a swollen neck and have started to gain weight very fast and tired. My hubby and my Mum and quite a few other family members have under/over active Thyriod.

Is there other tests I could request?

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa :)

Me (30): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy March 2009 - Multiple food intolerances, nightshades, egg, some fruits and many more.

DH (29): Type 1 Diabetic Diagnosed 2005

DD(5): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy July 2009

DS (4) Positive Blood Test Aug 2010, awaiting biopsy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would ask to have the Anti-Thyroglobulin test. My T3 and T4 were always normal but when they finally ran the anti thyroglobulin, it was off the chart. I'm now on Levoxyl and dropped some weight. Good Luck!!

If your neck is swollen a good test would be an ultrasound to locate the swelling. The swelling could be in the thyroid or something else perhaps.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Thanks very much, I will mentioned the test and the u/s to my GP on my next visit.

Lisa :)

Me (30): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy March 2009 - Multiple food intolerances, nightshades, egg, some fruits and many more.

DH (29): Type 1 Diabetic Diagnosed 2005

DD(5): Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by biopsy July 2009

DS (4) Positive Blood Test Aug 2010, awaiting biopsy