coriforia

Cookbooks For Multiple Allergies?

Rate this topic

I have a wheat, milk and nut allergy. I've been looking at multiple cookbooks but all of the ones that say they are for multiple allergies still have recipes that include allergens! I might be able to find one that doesn't have wheat or nuts been then it has dairy and the next one doesn't have dairy but it has nuts etc. Does anyone have any good recommendations on cookbooks for multiple allergies that have NO allergens?

I have a wheat, milk and nut allergy. I've been looking at multiple cookbooks but all of the ones that say they are for multiple allergies still have recipes that include allergens! I might be able to find one that doesn't have wheat or nuts been then it has dairy and the next one doesn't have dairy but it has nuts etc. Does anyone have any good recommendations on cookbooks for multiple allergies that have NO allergens?

You may want to check out "Cooking Free" by Carol Fenster. :)

You may want to check out "Cooking Free" by Carol Fenster. :)

Yup, I was going to suggest that one too. A good web site is:

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com

Karina is great at subbing! She has lots of info/helpful tips too.

The Allergen Free Bakers Handbook How to Bake without Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Peanuts, Tree nuts and Sesame by Cybele Pascal. Some of the recipes do contain coconut flour, however she lists substitutions for that. My children can actually eat the cherry tart and chocolate sandwich cookies and not get sick-nothing short of a miracle...

Carol Fenster's 1000 Gluten Free Recipes has substitution information for various allergens for all of her recipes.

Have you tried Allergy-Free Desserts: Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free,Soy-free and Nut-free Delights by Elizabeth Gordon ?See Link http://www.(Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned)/Allergy-Free-Desserts-Gluten-free-Dairy-free-Egg-free/dp/0470448466. Got the book recently and been very happy with the results.

The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook is the best I've found. Most of the others will have few recipes you can use if you are allergic to more than one thing!