Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coriforia

Cookbooks For Multiple Allergies?

I have a wheat, milk and nut allergy. I've been looking at multiple cookbooks but all of the ones that say they are for multiple allergies still have recipes that include allergens! I might be able to find one that doesn't have wheat or nuts been then it has dairy and the next one doesn't have dairy but it has nuts etc. Does anyone have any good recommendations on cookbooks for multiple allergies that have NO allergens?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have a wheat, milk and nut allergy. I've been looking at multiple cookbooks but all of the ones that say they are for multiple allergies still have recipes that include allergens! I might be able to find one that doesn't have wheat or nuts been then it has dairy and the next one doesn't have dairy but it has nuts etc. Does anyone have any good recommendations on cookbooks for multiple allergies that have NO allergens?

You may want to check out "Cooking Free" by Carol Fenster. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

You may want to check out "Cooking Free" by Carol Fenster. :)

Yup, I was going to suggest that one too. A good web site is:

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com

Karina is great at subbing! She has lots of info/helpful tips too.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

The Allergen Free Bakers Handbook How to Bake without Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Peanuts, Tree nuts and Sesame by Cybele Pascal. Some of the recipes do contain coconut flour, however she lists substitutions for that. My children can actually eat the cherry tart and chocolate sandwich cookies and not get sick-nothing short of a miracle...

Carol Fenster's 1000 Gluten Free Recipes has substitution information for various allergens for all of her recipes.

Have you tried Allergy-Free Desserts: Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free,Soy-free and Nut-free Delights by Elizabeth Gordon ?See Link http://www.(Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned)/Allergy-Free-Desserts-Gluten-free-Dairy-free-Egg-free/dp/0470448466. Got the book recently and been very happy with the results.

Blessed to be a blessing