Dylan

Anyone Able To Translate This To Gluten Free!? Please!

Rate this topic

I would use cornstarch, potato starch, or whatever flour mixture you have on hand to thicken. Most bacon is gluten-free--I use Oscar Mayer. As for the toast, just use whatever bread you like.

That does sound good. Jerseyangel's advice is sound. When a recipe uses flour to thicken I generally use an all purpose gluten free blend. Beware... it will probably take a little less for the desired thickness.

For the bread, if you have access to Udi's use it. That is the only one I have found that doesn't get gummy when it is damp.

Fun times....I have pretty much zero access to gluten free bread around here. :(. I've never used another thickener before, so I am hesitant about using one at ALL. Keynote....How would some Ore Ida hashbrowns as a base do? I think it might just turn out pretty darn well (after trying the gluten free breakfast casserole- hashbrowns instead of bread-I just made Sunday). Just put the "toppings" over the hashbrowns?

Thanks for the input! I'll try it soon.

~D

Fun times....I have pretty much zero access to gluten free bread around here. :(. I've never used another thickener before, so I am hesitant about using one at ALL. Keynote....How would some Ore Ida hashbrowns as a base do? I think it might just turn out pretty darn well (after trying the gluten free breakfast casserole- hashbrowns instead of bread-I just made Sunday). Just put the "toppings" over the hashbrowns?

Thanks for the input! I'll try it soon.

~D

Frankly, I think I would prefer the hashbrowns to the bread! Don't be afraid to use cornstarch--it's an excellent thickener, easy to find and to use.

Frankly, I think I would prefer the hashbrowns to the bread! Don't be afraid to use cornstarch--it's an excellent thickener, easy to find and to use.

That looks great! Thanks for sharing. I think I'd have to add a little Louisiana Hot Sauce to mine :) though.

ANY hot sauce is welcome to my dishes. I'm a hot sauce connoisseur. LOL. Glad that hot sauce for the most part is gluten free!

Ahh, this is what my mother kindly refers to as s**t on a shingle. It is one of her favorite dishes. I like the idea of putting it over hashbrowns. I may have to make sausage gravy and (I like it better than hamburgur) try it with the hashbrowns. I can't seem to make a edible gluten free biscuit.

I was wondering when someone would use the old "SOS" adage....LOL.

Your idea sounds even better, the hash browns, that is!! I like sausage better with that recipe too, might have to try it soon. I just don't like the idea of buying a big batch of those flours only to get it XC by the other person in my house....

I use xanthan gum as a thickener, it works very well.

I was wondering when someone would use the old "SOS" adage....LOL.

Your idea sounds even better, the hash browns, that is!! I like sausage better with that recipe too, might have to try it soon. I just don't like the idea of buying a big batch of those flours only to get it XC by the other person in my house....

If you have a careless roomie, try hiding your stuff. Either tape it shut and keep it buried hidden inside a bag in the freezer, or keep it in your bedroom and use it up fairly quickly.