Rate this topic

I've been told that Soya Sauce had gluten. What if there is no mention of wheat in the ingredients? Here are the ingredients: Water, Salt, Caramel, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Syrup, Glucose-Fructose, Sodium Benzoate. Does this mean it's gluten free??

Rachel

In this case yes, but that ingredient list also means it tastes like crap! :)

If you can find San-J's (tamari) or Eden's varieties, they are *MUCH* better.

There are some threads here somewhere that tell how to make your own soy sauce substitute. They also mention Bragg's amino acids as a possible substitute for soy sauce. Soy is bad for breathing people IMHO, so maybe a make your own version or a Bragg's would be worth considering. I haven't tried either myself so can't say which is better.

Soy sauce should have four ingredients at most, soy bean, wheat, water, salt. gluten-free Soy has no wheat and is usually refered to as tamari soy sauce.

The food you listed the ingredients for doesn't sound much like soy sauce :blink:

I've been told that Soya Sauce had gluten. What if there is no mention of wheat in the ingredients? Here are the ingredients: Water, Salt, Caramel, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Syrup, Glucose-Fructose, Sodium Benzoate. Does this mean it's gluten free??

Rachel

La Choy soy sauce doesn't have wheat and I have used it with no problem. It's also cheaper than most other brands.