Kathleen Smith

Mexican Resturaunts

Rate this topic

I am dying to go out for Mexican food! I have only ventured to eat out in the last 10 months to one gluten free pizza place (got stomach cramps). And to Charlie Browns twice and I ordered on there gluten-free Menu, and that was fine.

But what about going to a traditional mexican resturaunt.........? Too much chance for croass contamination?

I am dying to go out for Mexican food! I have only ventured to eat out in the last 10 months to one gluten free pizza place (got stomach cramps). And to Charlie Browns twice and I ordered on there gluten-free Menu, and that was fine.

But what about going to a traditional mexican resturaunt.........? Too much chance for croass contamination?

On the Border and Chevy's both have gluten free menus. Chevy's even states if you call them ahead they will fry up tortilla chips for you in brand new oil. We haven't tried them yet, but we plan to hit Chevy's this weekend. It my husband's birthday and he loves Mexican food. Hopefully, it will go well.

I have had total success at Chipolte Mexican Grille! Let them know you are "allergic" to gluten- they will give you their allergen card. They will change their gloves and wipe down the counters before making your meal. It's excellent!

We went to a Mexican place we'd been to many times and I asked, like I always do, "Can you please check to make SURE the tortilla chips are corn?" Our server came back and told us that the restaurant had recently changed their corn tortilla vendor and ALL the corn tortillas were dusted w/ wheat flour!! We don't go there anymore.

I always ask... every single time.