pdbracey

14 Year Old Just Diagnosed With Celiac

Rate this topic

i am looking to find if any major store chains have gulten free products or how do i find one

i am looking to find if any major store chains have gulten free products or how do i find one

Whole Foods and Sprouts Farmer's Market are great. I know there are Sprouts in California, just not sure they are all over the state. Trader Joe's also has an ok selection and a great price on gluten-free pasta.

Whole Foods and Sprouts Farmer's Market are great. I know there are Sprouts in California, just not sure they are all over the state. Trader Joe's also has an ok selection and a great price on gluten-free pasta.

thank you so much i will look into those stores we had just found out and are having a hard time with looking at labels he is 14 and a picky eater so we need to find variety

thank you so much i will look into those stores we had just found out and are having a hard time with looking at labels he is 14 and a picky eater so we need to find variety

I hope you have a Sprouts nearby. They are great for when you are first starting out. They have a special label they put next to the price of all the processed foods if they are gluten free. It makes gluten free shopping very easy. The meats and veggies are naturally gluten free so you don't have to worry there, and the rest of the store has the labels.

Sprouts and Whole Foods both have gluten-free shopping guides (little booklets at the entrance, or you can ask for one from a cashier) that are very helpful when starting out. I go to those stores for specialty items, but I can manage at a regular grocery store, too. It just takes some practice. :)

There are a couple shopping guides that list Gluten Free products. I used one called Cecelia's Marketplace (http://www.ceceliasmarketplace.com/) when we got started almost two years ago. It was a life saver! I found that I could buy special pastas, bread mixes, crackers and such at a store like Whole Foods and then shop at my local grocery store for the mainstream foods like pasta sauce, yogurts, chips, and such to safe money. They also email you (if you sign up on their site) when a product changes or loses it's gluten-free status after testing.

Good luck!

Also Henry's and Mother's Market.

Mother's Market has a brochure that lists all their gluten-free foods. Henrys Market also has tags on their shelves that identify gluten-free products.

Mother's Market has a brochure that lists all their gluten-free foods. Henrys Market also has tags on their shelves that identify gluten-free products.

Thanks for the information. Last night i was able to find a fresh and Easy market that also provided us a list of their producs.

There are a couple shopping guides that list Gluten Free products. I used one called Cecelia's Marketplace (http://www.ceceliasmarketplace.com/) when we got started almost two years ago. It was a life saver! I found that I could buy special pastas, bread mixes, crackers and such at a store like Whole Foods and then shop at my local grocery store for the mainstream foods like pasta sauce, yogurts, chips, and such to safe money. They also email you (if you sign up on their site) when a product changes or loses it's gluten-free status after testing.

Good luck!

I thank you very much i will look at that site.