Gluten schmuten

Bread Machine ~~ Which One?!

Rate this topic

I am new to this whole gluten free issue. After trying several very expensive gluten-free breads I really think I want to try and bake my own. So, I want to get a bread machine (preferably one that mixes, rises and bakes). I am looking at the Cuisinart CBX 200 which states it has a gluten free setting. Anyone with bread machine experience and advice for the new kid on the block??

I am new to this whole gluten free issue. After trying several very expensive gluten-free breads I really think I want to try and bake my own. So, I want to get a bread machine (preferably one that mixes, rises and bakes). I am looking at the Cuisinart CBX 200 which states it has a gluten free setting. Anyone with bread machine experience and advice for the new kid on the block??

I have 2 bread machines, none of which have a gluten free setting. None of my breads have come out spectacular,but were edible.I have been thinking of purchasing one with a gluten setting also, since none of the ones I have can be programmed to simply rise once, then bake. Of course, you can always use a bread machine with a non gluten setting to mix up the dough, and then simply transfer the dough to a bread pan to rise, then pop into the oven to bake. I've noticed most of the Zojirushi owners are very happy with the product... a Z machine is quite expensive, more than I want to pay, especially since discovering Udi's bread. Note: the Z mini-machine is not getting good reviews.....I was unaware that they made one until reading it on this forum.

A heavy duty motor in a bread machine is a must for gluten-free bread baking, and I would also prefer paddles that remove from the machine, so you don't have paddle holes in the bottom of the bread. I'd suggest doing a search on this forum for articles on bread machines.....much, much info right here on this forum.

I just read the reviews and information on the Cuisinart CBX and my appetite has been whet to seriously think about purchasing one.

Thanks! I am going to try my sister in laws (wash it out first, of course). I am still doing research on the Cuisenart. I am learly of buying a Z (to expensive) not sure I am going to be making that much bread. I will let you know if I find anyone who has the Cusineart with the gluten-free setting and how it does.

You will not regret spending the money on a Zo! Worth every penney. The motor lasts & lasts, mine is going on eight years -no problems. Usually cheaper brands last for a few years then die so the choice is buy a good one & keep it for a long time or replace one every time the motor blows up....

I have a freind who has replaced her machine (not a Zo) three times in eight years......I paid $199.00 for the one I have......

You will not regret spending the money on a Zo! Worth every penney. The motor lasts & lasts, mine is going on eight years -no problems. Usually cheaper brands last for a few years then die so the choice is buy a good one & keep it for a long time or replace one every time the motor blows up....

I have a freind who has replaced her machine (not a Zo) three times in eight years......I paid $199.00 for the one I have......

I had seriously considered purchasing a Zo....in fact, one of my bread machines is a Zo, purchased at a thrift store. Actually, I have 3 machines...all thrift store purchases for less than $20 each. Two are kept at home, and 1 in the motorhome. Hubby uses one for his gluten bread. I travel about 7 months of the year, and I'm going home for 3 days, and am going to find the Zo,(still moving in) and give it a whirl.It does not program for 1 rise, though, which is why I was thinking of another machine. I really want to try a 1 rise loaf. In addition to Celiac, I have multiple food allergies, so everything has to be cooked from scratch. Anything to make my life easier is worth the money.

I had seriously considered purchasing a Zo....in fact, one of my bread machines is a Zo, purchased at a thrift store. Actually, I have 3 machines...all thrift store purchases for less than $20 each. Two are kept at home, and 1 in the motorhome. Hubby uses one for his gluten bread. I travel about 7 months of the year, and I'm going home for 3 days, and am going to find the Zo,(still moving in) and give it a whirl.It does not program for 1 rise, though, which is why I was thinking of another machine. I really want to try a 1 rise loaf. In addition to Celiac, I have multiple food allergies, so everything has to be cooked from scratch. Anything to make my life easier is worth the money.

Funny, I am a big thrift store shopper myself... I have been watching but have not found a machine yet. I am sure if I purchase, dozens will pop up!! Murphy's Law.

Anyway, I really appreciate all the feed back. This has given me some good ground work information to get me started.

I have a Cusinart with the gluten free setting. I have had it for 4-5 years. It makes wonderful bread. I have used store bought mixes when I am short on time but I have also used my own recipe and tried many recipes from others. I made some amazing bread from scratch using this machiene a few days ago. It is about $100 and really worth the investment. I don't have experience with the Z machiene but would reccomend the Cusinart

I have a Cusinart with the gluten free setting. I have had it for 4-5 years. It makes wonderful bread. I have used store bought mixes when I am short on time but I have also used my own recipe and tried many recipes from others. I made some amazing bread from scratch using this machiene a few days ago. It is about $100 and really worth the investment. I don't have experience with the Z machiene but would reccomend the Cusinart

Good information! Thanks! What was the recipe you used recently that came out so well?? I would love to try it. As I said I am new to the gluten-free diet and have been experimenting with different recipes. Some have come out pretty good.... others, not so much :P

I, too, have owned a Cuisinart for a couple of years now. I've had no problems and it makes great gluten-free bread. My mom owns a Zo. I found little difference between the two except that the Zo had more "bells and whistles". For a simple, easy to use and clean machine, I'll keep my Cuisinart.