MrsWinkler

Has Anyone Else Experienced This?

Rate this topic

My daughter Kate has been diagnosed with "JDM" though the muscle enzyme levels are normal. She's had loose watery stools for a long time, and during this summer developed an itchy pale red rash on the face, and heliotrope type spots on the joints of her hands. We've had blood work done and until today haven't considered celiac. I've started her on a gluten free diet this morning. Also she had been diagnosed with an "expressive language delay" and is in a class for that.

My daughter Kate has been diagnosed with "JDM" though the muscle enzyme levels are normal. She's had loose watery stools for a long time, and during this summer developed an itchy pale red rash on the face, and heliotrope type spots on the joints of her hands. We've had blood work done and until today haven't considered celiac. I've started her on a gluten free diet this morning. Also she had been diagnosed with an "expressive language delay" and is in a class for that.

If you haven't had your daughter tested for celiac, don't start the gluten free diet. Our doctor told us to try gluten free, and it had only mixed results. Now we're faced with going back on gluten for at least a few weeks before we can get any testing done for celiac. Push for testing now.