Currypowder87

Question About Celiac

Rate this topic

I have a question here. Is it possible for some days to feel just fine and then other days to feel horrible? Some days I feel awful, but other days I feel just fine. I am not sure if I have celiac yet, but I did go to the Doctors and got blood work done and am having an endoscopy in 2 weeks. I do pretty much have all the symptoms. In a way I hope I have it, so I can finally figure out what is wrong with me. I have been dealing with this way to long. Thanks.

I really can not answer you question but you are not alone! I have had the blood test and the endoscopy, my blood test came back with only 1 antibody positive and the biopsy came back negative. My dr said the I do not have celiac. But like you I too have many of the symptoms, I think that either I am gluten intolerant or I am just now devloping celiac. I have for many years had trouble with my stomach on and off, I would have a few months when I would have problems then they would go away for a few months. Now it seems that everytime I eat now I get bloated and just feel bad, but that did not start until after I went to the dr to try to find out what was going on with me. So I think that I am just going to start the gluten free diet and see how it goes. I too was hoping that the test would come back positive so atleast then I would know what it was and what to do about it. Sorry I can not answer your question but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, and it was good for me to see your post so I now know that I am not alone either! I hope they can find what is wrong with you so you can start feeling better.

unfortunately, plain ol' gluten intolerance doesn't show up on a blood test. But that doesn't mean that you couldn't benefit from a gluten free diet anyway. Celiac disease is the advanced stage of gluten intolerance, and by the time you actually test positive for Celiac disease, the damage is done. Some damage is potentially irreversible. So my advice would be, even if you have a negative test result, just try going gluten free for a few weeks. If you feel better, it is likely you have gluten intolerance, and the only way to avoid Celiac disease is to not consume gluten.