got2sleep

Could Results Be Wrong?

Rate this topic

My test reults came back and Dr. said everything looked normal. I was gluten-free for 5 days before tests but that probably didn't matter.

Anti-Gliadin IgA : 2.2 ref 0.0-6.9 normal

Transglutaminase IgA :0.6 ref 0.0-6.9 normal

Endomy IgA: neg.

I have been gluten free for 2 weeks now and my GI upset, asthma flare ups and itchy skin has cleared up. I feel that I should stay gluten free because it is helping with my issues even though the Dr. says I don't have to live gluten free. Am I crazy?

• Upvote 1

HI Got2sleep,

You are not crazy!!

I am gluten free and my tTG was a 3, therefore a negative test. I was also gluten free for 5 days. I have been off gluten for 4 weeks and I feel amazing! I feel I have had gluten sensitivity my whole life, but it really started adding up in the last year, and then really a bad the last couple of months of the year.

After I was off gluten for 3 weeks, I had a piece of bread. I felt terrible afterwards! I will never go back. My Dr. too said you don't want to do that if you don't have to. I have to and I want to! Everyone in the family my hub, and 2 kids are gluten free and the feel so much better as well

I would do it if it makes you feel better which I am betting it will. Good luck!

Well, is your doctor right, despite evidence otherwise (your response to the diet), or are you right? :P

(It's the old "if I hit myself in the head, it hurts. what do I do?" "stop hitting yourself in the head." thing.

Well, is your doctor right, despite evidence otherwise (your response to the diet), or are you right? :P

(It's the old "if I hit myself in the head, it hurts. what do I do?" "stop hitting yourself in the head." thing.

THANK YOU!!!! Okay I just that "look" from my Dr. when I told him it must be the gluten.... But I am soooo glad I found this forum ;) I am going to live gluten free because it helps ME!!;)