savvysue

How Long Until Symptoms Go Away?

Rate this topic

I have had celiac disease and been gluten free for 6 months. Since then I have never been "glutened" or eaten gluten on accident. But last Sunday, I accidentally ate a bowl of soup that had an additive with traces of wheat in it. On Monday, I had stomach issues all day long (bloating, gas, and horrible waves of stomach pain). but its been 4 days, and I still get a stomach ache almost every day. They don't last all day like they did the day after i ate the soup, but they still hurt, and last about 1 to 2 hours. does it take this long for your body to get better after eating gluten? I only ate one bowl of that soup, and it has caused me alot of pain! How long does it take for everyone else to feel better after being glutened?

Maybe some one can post a link for you.

Immune response can take up to 2 weeks. (This is from other disorder research on eosinophils and cross referencing with Celiac diesease.) Some reports can have different time lines. i.e. I don't know how long a DH rash takes to heal.

I have had celiac disease and been gluten free for 6 months. Since then I have never been "glutened" or eaten gluten on accident. But last Sunday, I accidentally ate a bowl of soup that had an additive with traces of wheat in it. On Monday, I had stomach issues all day long (bloating, gas, and horrible waves of stomach pain). but its been 4 days, and I still get a stomach ache almost every day. They don't last all day like they did the day after i ate the soup, but they still hurt, and last about 1 to 2 hours. does it take this long for your body to get better after eating gluten? I only ate one bowl of that soup, and it has caused me alot of pain! How long does it take for everyone else to feel better after being glutened?

7 full days. Try not to get too anxious about it; that will not help the stomach. Just let it ride its course.