LoraW76

Daughter May Have Celiac?

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with Celaic this last November and my daughter, 22 months, has had diarreah for nearly 2 months now. She eats gluten like dad and brother. What tests were done to confirm that your child had celiac? I can't imagine a blood draw on her (that's what intially gave me a positive test).

I was diagnosed with Celaic this last November and my daughter, 22 months, has had diarreah for nearly 2 months now. She eats gluten like dad and brother. What tests were done to confirm that your child had celiac? I can't imagine a blood draw on her (that's what intially gave me a positive test).

Yes they would do a blood draw. My daughter was a little over a year for her first blood draw and then she had the scope at 18 months. Its not that bad but she is pretty used to it since she has had her blood checked every three months since here diagnosis of celiac one year ago. Good Luck!

I know it's hard to think about your child getting poked with a needle but that's how they do the test. Overall, a quick blood draw is quite simple (compared to other stuff that could be done). Plus, for a young child, they have a butterfly type of needle so it's not the same as what you had. I think the blood draw is harder on the parents. Just stay calm, help your child stay still and it'll be over in a flash (as will any tears that come of it). We've been through many blood draws... And stuff.

Thanks ladies... I think we'll definitely start by eliminating the fruit juices from her diet and stick to water and milk to see if the diahrrea stops. If not, I'm definitely pushing the test. She's never in pain, accept when the diaper rash is awful. :)

lilysmama- my daughter is a Lillian. :)