missy'smom

gluten-free, Corn-Free, Bean-Free Tortillas

Rate this topic

I am looking for a tortilla recipe that contains no corn or bean flours. Anyone have a good one? or another creative way to make a quesadilla using no corn or bean?

I have one made with rice flour mix (potato starch could sub) but it has xanthan gum...isn't that corn? It's a Bette Hagman recipe, I don't have a link but if you are interested I could post the recipe. Its not dairy free (sour cream) but I made them with df sour cream before.

I have one made with rice flour mix (potato starch could sub) but it has xanthan gum...isn't that corn? It's a Bette Hagman recipe, I don't have a link but if you are interested I could post the recipe. Its not dairy free (sour cream) but I made them with df sour cream before.

Thanks purple. We're ok with xanthan gum. Doesn't need to be dairy-free-it's for kiddo. I have one of the Hagman books-The gluten-free Gourmet revised edition. The tortilla recipe doesn't call for sour cream-just dairy-free powder. Is that the same recipe?

Thanks purple. We're ok with xanthan gum. Doesn't need to be dairy-free-it's for kiddo. I have one of the Hagman books-The gluten-free Gourmet revised edition. The tortilla recipe doesn't call for sour cream-just dairy-free powder. Is that the same recipe?

No, but I did some looking and found the link, I forgot to save it.

http://eatingglutenfree.com/recipes_bread/#tortillas

I haven't made them for over a year, we switched to white corn tortillas when my dd comes home...much easier.

Anyway when I first learned how to make them I posted "my way" (beginner) of doing it:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=47650

scroll to my reply

you can freeze them a few in each bag, tortillas separated with parchment so you don't have to thaw out a big stack at once and put the bags in plastic containers...they are fragile in the freezer.

Hope they turn out for you!

Here is a healthy recipe for wraps. I pressed them out onto inverted cake pans. Golden flax makes them lighter in color.

http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/2008/07/homemade-low-carb-gluten-free-wraps-you.html

The recipe makes 2 but I made more the same day b/c they were so good. You can do lots of creative subbing with this recipe.

Thank you purple!

You are welcome!

I have two recipes that you may try. Here is the link to the first one. I have not made these yet.

http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/search/label/quesadillas

She has alot of other great recipes also.

I have tried this recipe. I have made it once. I used 1/2 brown rice and quinoa flour. Found the quinoa a bit strong. You can use any flour you want or combination to get a variety of flavors. You will have to copy and paste this link to bring it up it is a pdf.

fowlerallergy.com/recipes_new/pdf.php?rec=141

Hope this helps.

I just realized that the first link I listed, Purple allready gave you. Now you have it twice!

Edited by Roda

That one looks good purple! I'll bet that combo of flours is good. Tomorrow I may finally try the recipe that calls for sour cream that you posted. Kiddo's got the day off from school due to snow and I have some sour cream that I need to use up.

Thank you again purple! The recipe using sour cream passed the test! I was a little anxious as he doesn't like sour cream. Kiddo said the quesadillas that I used them for were yummy and that the other kids were envious, which made him happy(he gets alot of comments about his "different" lunches).

Thank you again purple! The recipe using sour cream passed the test! I was a little anxious as he doesn't like sour cream. Kiddo said the quesadillas that I used them for were yummy and that the other kids were envious, which made him happy(he gets alot of comments about his "different" lunches).

You are very welcome!

I am glad they passed the test.