MrsWinkler

Despite Negative Results....

Rate this topic

My daughter is 3 1/2. She's diagnosed with JDM and tested negative for celiac. She's been on gluten free diet since Feb. 1st. and I am glad I did.

A major concern that I had about possible gluten allergy were her b.m.'s. Loose, watery, foul etc. She's had her first very nearly normal one yesterday. Now I have the impression that the food she eats is starting to be absorbed.

The best indication of all?:

She's been drawing faces for a while. And they looked grim.

Last night for the first time, a face she drew has a smile.

D**** the results. NO MORE GLUTEN!

Hi!

Congratulations on getting your daughter feel better! I am also on a gluten-free diet I started a few months ago. I've been feeling better but all tests came back negative, including biopsy. unfortunately I stopped eating gluten a few months before starting testing ( I didn't know I needed to be eating gluten to get tested). Two night ago I went to an oriental restaurant and I eat rice and some beef. they put soy sauce on it and I guess it had gluten in it.. I felt very sick for 3 days, cramps, bloating, felt very very sleepy, etc. Anyway, be careful when you take her out for dinner. Also, forget if the tests came back negative, it won't harm her to be on a gluten-free diet... but if she was my daughter I would consult a nutritionist just to make sure she is eating a well balanced diet every day and getting all the nutrients she needs. I am working with a nutritionist right now to work on some severe deficiencies I have and to help me in the bone building process (osteoporosis @ age 28 due to severe folate, b vitamins and calcium deficiencies). I would hate for your baby to be one of the kids not growing up the way she is supposed to just because she is not getting what her body needs :( There is a test that is called Functional intracellular analysis (FIA).It is a blood test and they go inside the cells to see what she really is absorbing and not what is "floating" in the blood and being eliminated.

For example, my folate and calcium blood levels were great, and I have osteoporosis CAUSED by deficiencies on these. When the FIA came back, I was basically starving :(

Good luck with your little angel

sorry if the message is a little bit confusing but English is my second language and I was also trying to tell you all I could! hehe

And by the way, for your little princess...today I tried Pamela's gluten and dairy free chocolate chip cookies and they are AWESOME!!! even better that some commercial brands. Fruity Pebbles do not contain gluten and I have been eating them with no effects ;)

Good for you! We did the same thing, with similar results. It's great when we can find out what's been bothering them!

congrats!

My daughter is 3 1/2. She's diagnosed with JDM and tested negative for celiac. She's been on gluten free diet since Feb. 1st. and I am glad I did.

A major concern that I had about possible gluten allergy were her b.m.'s. Loose, watery, foul etc. She's had her first very nearly normal one yesterday. Now I have the impression that the food she eats is starting to be absorbed.

The best indication of all?:

She's been drawing faces for a while. And they looked grim.

Last night for the first time, a face she drew has a smile.

D**** the results. NO MORE GLUTEN!