Maddiemo

Maze Starch

Rate this topic

Hello. I am new to this forum. I am wheat intolerent I know that for sure but have never had any test. I live in the UK and its so hard to get tested for these things. Now I find I am lactose intolerence so I don't eat wheat gluten or dairy pretty boring. I found some really nice bread call "GENIUS" it tasted just like nice white bread you can hardly tell the differance but after eating it felt so ill, pains in my joints could hardly walk, looked in the ingrediance and the only thing I can find that might do it is maze starch. Is there anyone else on here that is intolerent to maze starch? and is it gluten free?

Is one off the symptoms of celiac pains in the joints as well as tiredness? I would also like to know if there is anyone who is intolerence to corn?

If by "maze" you mean maize, that is corn and it is gluten-free. Some people are intolerant to corn, but that is an issue distinct from celiac disease.

Though it is possible that you are intolerant to corn, how do you feel after eating other corn products, such as corn snacks, cereal, cornbread, or homemade popcorn?

There is also a possibility of CC (Cross-Contamination), so the bread might not have been gluten-free enough.

Hello. I am new to this forum. I am wheat intolerent I know that for sure but have never had any test. I live in the UK and its so hard to get tested for these things. Now I find I am lactose intolerence so I don't eat wheat gluten or dairy pretty boring. I found some really nice bread call "GENIUS" it tasted just like nice white bread you can hardly tell the differance but after eating it felt so ill, pains in my joints could hardly walk, looked in the ingrediance and the only thing I can find that might do it is maze starch. Is there anyone else on here that is intolerent to maze starch? and is it gluten free?

Is one off the symptoms of celiac pains in the joints as well as tiredness? I would also like to know if there is anyone who is intolerence to corn?

Joint pain and tiredness are 2 of nearly 300 symptoms of celiac disease. http://www.celiaccentral.org/celiac-disease-symptoms/ Because my celiac disease went undiagnosed for over 10 years there was a lot of damage done to the small intestine thus reducing its absorption ability. At present i am intolerant of (besides wheat, barley, rye, oates and their product) CORN, rice, potatoes (except new potatoes),sucrose, dairy of any kind, legumes, red meats, nuts and nut oils and most other oils(except coconut oil, grape seed oil, hemp oil and virgin olive oil). These dietary exemptions may seem a bit extreme, but i follow a well planned SCD and have been on it for close to 2 years without any problems. Take heart though for i know that eventually i will be able to tolerate everything i have mentioned i had to eliminate, except -of course- wheat, barley, rye, oates and their products. These i can never eat- i do not miss them, they were slowly killing me.

Joint pain and tiredness are 2 of nearly 300 symptoms of celiac disease. http://www.celiaccentral.org/celiac-disease-symptoms/ Because my celiac disease went undiagnosed for over 10 years there was a lot of damage done to the small intestine thus reducing its absorption ability. At present i am intolerant of (besides wheat, barley, rye, oates and their product) CORN, rice, potatoes (except new potatoes),sucrose, dairy of any kind, legumes, red meats, nuts and nut oils and most other oils(except coconut oil, grape seed oil, hemp oil and virgin olive oil). These dietary exemptions may seem a bit extreme, but i follow a well planned SCD and have been on it for close to 2 years without any problems. Take heart though for i know that eventually i will be able to tolerate everything i have mentioned i had to eliminate, except -of course- wheat, barley, rye, oates and their products. These i can never eat- i do not miss them, they were slowly killing me.

[/quote

Hello. Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what SCD means please.

SCD means Specific Carbohydrate Diet. There are several posted. The one i follow is located at http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/ . There is also a support website for those who follow the diet. It can be found at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BTVC-SCD/. With the help of both websites i have been able to compile a menu of over 600 recipes that are tailored to my specific dietary needs. If i can't make it, i don't eat it. There is very little i can't make. Eating "SCD" is a 180 degree change in lifestyle and diet. I feel very fortunate to have found this life saving dietary change.