laurie9141

Gluten Free Canned Chicken

Rate this topic

Hi just starting this madness.. ate canned chicken members mark I love it didnt find gluten ( I thought ) on the label but read in 2 books now not to eat canned meats? what gives? anyone know?

If you are just starting, let me warn you. There is a lot of conflicting information floating around. Common sense is one of your best weapons. Some canned meats do have gluten added (of course, the meat it self is gluten free). Read all labels.

I eat Member's Mark chicken all the time with no ill effects. I use it in chicken a la king, pot pies, casseroles etc.

Sweeping generalizations are always suspect. I am sure that there are some canned meat products with gluten in them, and that there are also many that are gluten-free. Read the label carefully.

Never seen a plain canned chicken that has gluten. I know this is a generalization, but I've been gluten-free for more than 8 years now.

richard

If you are unsure after reading the label, call the company.

We usually by the Costco brand.

Costco's Kirkland brand canned chicken is gluten free. I have contacted them and it is gluten free. We eat it all the time with no problems.

Good luck!

Darissa

If you are unsure after reading the label, call the company.

We usually by the Costco brand.

So, is Costco (Kirkland brand) gluten free??

This thread is about 2 years old. So re- check any info about gluten-free food. Products change & reading labels is still the best thing to do.

I just bought Progresso Lentil Soup at Dollar Tree with an expiration date of 2013. The can wasn't bent, either, so I was happy to get it for a dollar. It's labeled gluten-free on the front.