tfrankenberger

Became Intollerant To Rice?

Rate this topic

Anyone out there have a child on a gluten free diet who has now become unable to eat rice? My son has been on the gluten free diet for a year and we've still been dealing with many issues of nausea, heavy head, excess gas, etc. We've had so many tests run and the Celiac seems to be under control, and the doctor has no clue what's still causing the symptoms. He seems to obviously be reacting to something he's still eating. I took him off rice for three days last week, and all rice-based products, just to see. He had three days of no symptoms. I'm going to continue this for a week and see if the symptoms stay away. Anyone else have that issue? I have heard that they can become intollerant to a food that they eat too much of.

I had to go off of it myself. I can have it in small amounts, but too much of it, and I feel like I've had gluten! :) Can't tell you why, can only say I feel better when I have it in small doses.

Yep, rice is on my no-no list also. It really sucks as rice is a major alternative to the wheat in the gluten-free stuff! Like the previous poster, I can have a little of it once in awhile. 3 pieces of tapioca bread (which has rice flour in it) is ok, but 4 puts me over the top. Sorry to hear about your little one. It's hard enough when you are old like me, kids should get to enjoy.