Nor_TX

Peanut Butter Cookies With Almond Butter?

Rate this topic

I make delicious gluten-free cookies with 1 egg, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp. baking soda. Lately though, the peanut butter is making my lips tingle and I was wondering if I could substitute almond butter for the peanut butter? Anyone ever try this?

Thanks for cookie suggestions without peanut butter..

I make delicious gluten-free cookies with 1 egg, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp. baking soda. Lately though, the peanut butter is making my lips tingle and I was wondering if I could substitute almond butter for the peanut butter? Anyone ever try this?

Thanks for cookie suggestions without peanut butter..

Sure, you can use almond butter, sunbutter, cashew butter, any kind I'm sure. I think the almond butter would come out tasting a lot like a snickerdoodle.

They come out really well with almond butter :) It one of those recipes that are very forgiving.

I like this recipe but find it too sweet, if I reduce the amount of sugar do I need to add something else since it is the only dry ingredient?

I like this recipe but find it too sweet, if I reduce the amount of sugar do I need to add something else since it is the only dry ingredient?

No additional ingredients are necessary--I've played with the amount of white sugar, whether brown sugar works, if I can use agave or honey or stevia, and I haven't had a single problem with any variation.

However, I would caution against the cashew butter cookies--while I like the almond butter variation, the cashew butter variation doesn't have a whole lot of actual *taste*.

No additional ingredients are necessary--I've played with the amount of white sugar, whether brown sugar works, if I can use agave or honey or stevia, and I haven't had a single problem with any variation.

However, I would caution against the cashew butter cookies--while I like the almond butter variation, the cashew butter variation doesn't have a whole lot of actual *taste*.

Really? Maybe those would be the best for a snickerdoodle then, allowing the spices to provide most of the flavor like a proper snickerdoodle. Great, now I have to try that!