Rate this topic

I just wanted to share the response I received from Neutrogena in Canada regarding any gluten free list they may have. I also give them a list of their products which I am currently using. (They do not have a gluten free list any more).

"While we can tell you that there is no gluten used in the manufacturing of the products you provided, we cannot guarantee that cross-contamination with gluten has not occurred".

Although this is an annoying response, it is also probably an honest one. As far as products you apply to your skin go (excluding lips), would this precaution stop anyone from using this manufacturer's products? I am still using them but no longer feel fully comfortable with my choice.

NO company with a legal department is going to "guarantee" the gluten-free status of anything anymore. I view these statements as legal disclaimers of liability, and use the products.

NO company with a legal department is going to "guarantee" the gluten-free status of anything anymore. I view these statements as legal disclaimers of liability, and use the products.

Thanks for the reply, Peter. That was the conclusion I was coming towards (rather slowly!).