debkohn

Tinkyada Pasta -- Q About Rinsing

Rate this topic

OK, so I get that I'm supposed to rinse Tinkyada pasta in cold water after cooking. Here's my question: how do I get it hot again??

Thanks.

Debbie

I put mine back in the pot on the stove on low.

From what I understand, rinsing pasta is to stop it from continuing to cook, so it won't become mushy. However, with Tinkyada, I've never found it necessary to rinse it. I've actually had occasions where I couldn't get back to the stove for quite awhile past when it would be done cooking, and it still wasn't too bad. So from my experience it holds up very well to extended cooking. Therefore I'd say skip the rinse. Or I suppose you could put it in the microwave for a bit.

This just proves I don't follow directions well. I've never rinsed it, and never had a problem. :)

LOL "to each his own" as the saying goes. I rinse in hot water to rinse off the slime and put the lid on to keep it hot until I add sauce. For pasta salad I rinse in cold to cool it faster.

I've never been a pasta rinser :D Same with the Tinkyada--I cook until just tender, drain, and apply sauce.

Welcome Debbie!