shepgs

Know Anything About Agvantage Flours?

Rate this topic

http://www.agvantage-naturals.com/Order-AgVantage-Products.html#ecwid:

Because of nut allergies in our family, we cannot use Bob's Red Mills. I am really wanting to get some sorghum flour but will have to order. This site says they are gluten free and nut free. The prices seem reasonable compared with other brands. Has anyone tried them? I'm not expecting it to be like the superfine versions but if it's good enough, that's good enough. lol

I did call and talk to a lady there who was very nice. When she found out we are new to gluten-free eating, she offered to send me some recipes and such.

Well, I haven't tried Agvantage, but I'm not impressed with their prices anyway.

Have you checked Barry Farm? I know they are careful about CC with gluten, so I'd like to think there wouldn't be a problem with nuts either.

Also check Twin Valley Mills. I think sorghum is all they do.

And of course there's the Gluten Free Mall.

Well, I haven't tried Agvantage, but I'm not impressed with their prices anyway.

Have you checked Barry Farm? I know they are careful about CC with gluten, so I'd like to think there wouldn't be a problem with nuts either.

Also check Twin Valley Mills. I think sorghum is all they do.

And of course there's the Gluten Free Mall.

Thanks for the input! I called Barry Farms and they could not tell me any info on nut contamination since they just repackage it. However, Twin Valley was able to tell me that there would not be any nut contamination since they don't handle nuts at all. And their prices are better, as you indicated.

Thanks! It's hard to remember to keep both gluten free AND nut free in mind as I'm searching out products. Last week, I was so excited to find that some Chex cereals are gluten-free that I also bought the chocolate one, which has a nut warning. Learning along the way!