Roda

The Best Bread Crumbs I'Ve Had Yet!

Rate this topic

I have several, but I choose Crusty kalamata olive and rosemary bread:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Gluten-Free-Kalamata-Olive-and-Rosemary-Bread-217977. Thanks to Rachelle for posting this.

This recipe was posted in Favorite recipes for last year. I have made this bread twice. The flavor was good but too dense for me. Instead of using olives I took cloves of garlic and sliced them and added it to the batter. (I used quite a few cloves maybe 1/2 head) So not wanting to waste it, I dried it and made bread crumbs. I mixed it with some plain ones I had in the freezer made from a Pamela's mix. My husband made me chicken parm out of the mixture of crumbs tonight. OMG! It was the best he has ever made! :wub: I asked him if he seasoned the crumbs (we usually use italian seasoning and mix it in what we are using) and he said all he did was add salt and pepper. He even commented on how "well" he did. He says to me, "I guess we have a great bread crumb now." I think I will keep mixing it half with plain crumbs. The rosemary and garlic from the bread was very good and not overpowering. I also cubed some of the bread and made croutons out of it and they were good too.

Could you re-post the link to the recipe, or the recipe itself here? The link doesn't seem to go to the recipe, and I'd love to try it. :D Thanks!

Oh,I forgot when I tried to link it from the other topic it did't work either. This should do the trick!

http://www.recipezaar.com/Gluten-Free-Kalamata-Olive-and-Rosemary-Bread-217977

If you make it, let me know if you get it to rise decent. Mine didn't, but it could have been the extra long stoneweare pan I was using. I think I will proof my yeast first next time too.

Oh it sounds yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe, I bookmarked it :)