This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Enzymes

SofiEmiMom

SofiEmiMom Enthusiast

Hello. My children have been diagnosed gluten intolerant through Enterolab and without going into the long story, my pediatrician is very supportive of the diagnosis. However, I know more about celiac/gluten intolerance than she does and I'm pretty much left on my own to how best keep my children healthy. I was wondering if any doctor has recommended Enzymes for your child with celiac? I've been reading up on Enzymes in children with celiac and it seems to be helpful, but then of course, I don't want to give then anything they don't need or spend all the money on something that isn't necessary. Anyone have their child on digestive enzymes and see a benefit? Thanks so much.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Yes, enzymes are excellent. Another thing that is good for them is Probiotics, which give your body healthy bacteria. Make sure they get vitamins too.

I find those 3 things are very essential and they really aided me to get my strength back and build my immune system up.

I take CompleteGest enzymes but Enzymatic Therapy.

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

SofiEmiMom,

As Katie mentioned these products are very helpful. I have CRC and I've been using the Whole Approach System and my daughter has celiac disease. They recommend Generation+ Digesticol digestive enzymes for both of us. I break open the capsule and only give my daughter about a 1/4 of the powder, which is sprinkled on her food. I take a whole capsule myself. I think the wieght/dose is based on a 150lb. person. You just divided by the childs weight. Her digestion and gas is 100% better with the enzymes. We can both tell if we forget to take them. I give her Country Life, Maxi Baby-dophilus for her probiotic and it comes in a powder form. The EFA I use is from Child Life Essentuals. I called to double check the EFA and they confirmed it was gluten-free.

I hope this helps some,

Kasey's Mom :)

Archived