This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Suddenly Moderated?

Squirrelflight

Squirrelflight Rookie

In posting today I have noticed that my posts are being moderated. May I ask the reason for this? Just kind of confused.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Scott Adams Grand Master

In posting today I have noticed that my posts are being moderated. May I ask the reason for this? Just kind of confused.

This board has always been moderated. The moderators review all posts and topics for any rule violations and approve all posts that don't break those rules. During the past 24 hours, for example, several spammers were banned and more than a dozen spam posts were deleted. The main reason we moderate this board is to stop spamming, which, if we did not do, would greatly diminish each user's experience here.

We did recently change the method of moderation here, so you may notice a slight difference.

Take care,

Scott

Squirrelflight Rookie

This board has always been moderated. The moderators review all posts and topics for any rule violations and approve all posts that don't break those rules. During the past 24 hours, for example, several spammers were banned and more than a dozen spam posts were deleted. The main reason we moderate this board is to stop spamming here, which, if we did not do, would greatly diminishes the users' experience here.

We did recently change the method of moderation here, so you may notice a slight difference.

Take care,

Scott

ok.. I must just be seeing the change. :) Just wondered if I did something I wasn't supposed to without knowing.. LOL Thank you~

Nightingale8472 Rookie

ok.. I must just be seeing the change. :) Just wondered if I did something I wasn't supposed to without knowing.. LOL Thank you~

Thanks for posting this! I was curious too... all of a sudden I was getting this message of "A moderator will preview your post" every time I wrote something, and I was thinking "OMG, what did I do??"

Jestgar Rising Star

Somebody would tell you if you something were wrong. :)

It may take longer for your posts to get approved as we all get used to this system, please don't take it personally, we're trying to figure things out too. :)

psawyer Proficient

We are still fine-tuning the changes to the moderation methods. All of us are in North America, so there there is a period when we tend to all be asleep. Posts made during that time may experience longer delays than usual before being approved.

Nor-TX Enthusiast

I was wondering exactly the same thing. I thought "Oh my what did I say?" I also notice a "watch status" at the bottom of my name... what does that mean?

Thanks for your help.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lizard00 Enthusiast

I was wondering exactly the same thing. I thought "Oh my what did I say?" I also notice a "watch status" at the bottom of my name... what does that mean?

Thanks for your help.

The 'warn status' bar under your name would show you if you had been warned for any rule violations. You would also receive a PM explaining everything. BUT, you have no warnings. :P The bar is only visible to you and the moderators. Everyone has one, but you only see yours.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Nor-TX Enthusiast

The 'warn status' bar under your name would show you if you had been warned for any rule violations. You would also receive a PM explaining everything. BUT, you have no warnings. :P The bar is only visible to you and the moderators. Everyone has one, but you only see yours.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Ohhhh thank you so much for your reply. At 60 years old and having been on the Internet in chat rooms and on forums for many many years, I have never felt as awkward as I did when I received the moderator notice and warn status... thought I did something wrong. I appreciate your answer and explanation.

Jestgar Rising Star

We're pretty anti-spam here. I know it's a bit of a hassle for new members, but then, you don't log on and see 15 tennis shoe posts either...

OptimisticMom42 Apprentice

HEheeheeha oh my, first thing I did today was try to figure out how to get rid of the warn status thingy. Sometimes I'm a cranky poster, mostly when glutened.

Scott Adams Grand Master

If you ever did get a warning only you and the moderators would be able to see your warnings, other members cannot.

Take care,

Scott

Archived