jeramy

Nausea With New gluten-free Diet

Rate this topic

Okay, I am celiac and share lot of gluten-free stuff with my non- celiac kids...cookies, cakes, pretzels, crackers, etc.

Recently I decided to try my severly underweight daughter on a gluten-free diet to see if she's gain weight.

She has told me twice after eating two bites of a gluten-free toaster waffle and one piece of a gluten-free pizza that she felt naseous.

Do you think it's a taste thing? You know, not as appealing. I know it can't be ingredients because the only common ingredient with those two items was potato starch and I use that all the time in my other baked goods she eats.

What could it be?

Okay, I am celiac and share lot of gluten-free stuff with my non- celiac kids...cookies, cakes, pretzels, crackers, etc.

Recently I decided to try my severly underweight daughter on a gluten-free diet to see if she's gain weight.

She has told me twice after eating two bites of a gluten-free toaster waffle and one piece of a gluten-free pizza that she felt naseous.

Do you think it's a taste thing? You know, not as appealing. I know it can't be ingredients because the only common ingredient with those two items was potato starch and I use that all the time in my other baked goods she eats.

What could it be?

How old is she? The reason I ask is that my Tween son did the same thing when he "knew" it was gluten free. When I stopped telling him things were gluten free, he never said another word, and eats everything happily. Just a thought!