kimis

Cadbury Creme Eggs

Rate this topic

I noticed wheat listed in the ingredients for cadbury creme eggs today when I was looking at the easter candy (I know it's only February). I ate some last easter, but wheat wasn't listed then. I wonder if this is a reformulation or if it has something to do with cadbury merging with kraft...We all know how kraft does their labeling.

Last year in my area of the Cadbury Creme Eggs were labeled poisoned.

Last year in my area of the Cadbury Creme Eggs were labeled poisoned.

I guess I need to do better research on these things before I start popping them in my mouth.

I guess I need to do better research on these things before I start popping them in my mouth.

So I also popped these little babies in my mouth again this year, as I had years past. I have been sick on and off without good reason over the past four days and now I can tie it all back into when I first started eating these minis. I had the bigger version a few weeks ago without any problems at all though-- so I wonder if maybe it's JUST the minis?

Needless to say I am seriously displeased...and sick:(

So I also popped these little babies in my mouth again this year, as I had years past. I have been sick on and off without good reason over the past four days and now I can tie it all back into when I first started eating these minis. I had the bigger version a few weeks ago without any problems at all though-- so I wonder if maybe it's JUST the minis?

Needless to say I am seriously displeased...and sick:(

There are a few other threads on here about these. My family ate the big ones without problems, I saw on the little ones it still lists wheat. Maybe different parts of the country have different products.

I hope you feel better soon.

There are a few other threads on here about these. My family ate the big ones without problems, I saw on the little ones it still lists wheat. Maybe different parts of the country have different products.

I hope you feel better soon.

Many times the mini versions are made differently. I got bit one Christmas with the reeses bell candies :angry:. I bought the regular sized Cadbury egg and cut it in half and shared it with my daughter who is also celiac. Neither of us had a problem. I like at least one per season. When I was a teenager, I ate tons of them, now just too rich.

I noticed wheat listed in the ingredients for cadbury creme eggs today when I was looking at the easter candy (I know it's only February). I ate some last easter, but wheat wasn't listed then. I wonder if this is a reformulation or if it has something to do with cadbury merging with kraft...We all know how kraft does their labeling.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I'm staring at the egg! And the forums and the internet seems to really have mixed reviews. I feel that the egg might be winning!

Has anyone contacted Cadbury?

You can find information on "The Eggs" here:

With further research, you will find that the glucose (wheat) listed in the ingredients, is processed to the level that is considered safe for people with Celiac.

My rule is I do not put any Holiday candy into my mouth before I check their website and their wrapper for ingredients. We like Snickers but a lot of the Holiday Snickers has wheat listed. Just to note, the new Snickers Fudge is gluten free. I called while in line at the store. lol

It's weird...on that Gluten Free facts website, they list the cadbury creme eggs as gluten free. There are so many different comments about these, if they are or if they aren't...I just avoid them because I don't know anymore!

Was just at the store and the little ones that I glanced at did not list wheat.

My DS noticed that the commercials now say Hershey's Cadbury Eggs. Could it be just old stock on the shelves and the Hershey formula does not contain gluten?

Was just at the store and the little ones that I glanced at did not list wheat.

My DS noticed that the commercials now say Hershey's Cadbury Eggs. Could it be just old stock on the shelves and the Hershey formula does not contain gluten?

I think the ones that do not list wheat are old stock. This is the first year I have seen wheat on the ingredient list. I won't eat them...I don't care how good they are. I ate some berry kix on Monday and Tuesday, by Wednesday I was feeling glutened. I have become so sensitive in these past two years being gluten free, and the possibility of an ill effect just isn't worth it to me...but I have learned that everyone is different, and what bothers some may not bother others.

Cadbury was recently bought by Kraft, and the eggs are now being manufactured by Hershey's.

It is the new ones (Hershey's) that contain high fructose corn syrup, whereas the old ones were always made with glucose syrup from wheat. Glucose syrup is distilled, just like distilled vinegar - for this reason, it is considered to be gluten-free (the syrup contains only the sugars, not gluten protein). That said, use your own judgement based on how sensitive you are to gluten (and it is obviously not suitable for someone with a wheat allergy).