crayola

What Type Of Dairy Problem Is This?

Rate this topic

Thankfully my Celiac test was negative, even though I was sure that was it. But now I'm starting to really believe it is a dairy thing.

Last night I went to a restaurant and got some Alfredo pasta, about 20 minutes later the lower left part of my stomach kills, and then I got diarrhea. I noticed this same problem when I eat regular mac and cheese. So is this more likely lactose intolerance, or allergy to whey? If it could be either, how could I figure it out?

Thankfully my Celiac test was negative, even though I was sure that was it. But now I'm starting to really believe it is a dairy thing.

Last night I went to a restaurant and got some Alfredo pasta, about 20 minutes later the lower left part of my stomach kills, and then I got diarrhea. I noticed this same problem when I eat regular mac and cheese. So is this more likely lactose intolerance, or allergy to whey? If it could be either, how could I figure it out?

It could be either. Lactose intolerance usually happens within the first few hours of ingesting dairy. My brother in law who is casein intolerant usually gets symptoms the next day but everyone is different. Your doctor can run a lactose intolerance test. Also keep in mind that unfortunately there can be false negatives with celiac testing (my blood work was negative but had a postive endoscopy)and non celiac gluten sensitivity and gluten intolerance will not show up as positive on testings. So if you still are not improving, a gluten free trial may help!