Nightingale8472

Rib Trader In Orange

Rate this topic

A couple of my friends are in a band that's playing there on Saturday, and dinner is included with the show. I want to go to support them, but I was thinking "oh great... this is a dinner theater. There's no way I'm gonna be able to avoid gluten." I was wrong.

I just got off the phone with them. I spoke with the guy at reservations, who transferred me to the chef. We had a nice chat about what I could and couldn't eat, what's safe and what isn't, and he understands cross-contamination. My menu is going to be a salad, no croutons, no dressing, baked potato, and chicken and ribs, no sauce. I'm going to be allowed to bring in my own salad dressing and barbecue sauce.

They tagged my reservation so they know exactly where I'm going to be sitting, and assure me there won't be any problems, as they deal with diabetics and others with special diets all the time. Their website even states that they have a full kitchen and can easily accommodate most dietary restrictions. The phone call was a great experience, and I'm really looking forward to dinner.

They also have a magic show. If this evening goes well, I will probably go back to see that. =)

I had a great dinner last night!

When I got there, I reminded the waitress that my meal was supposed to be gluten free. We had a brief chat about cross-contamination and cooking on clean parts of the grill or in fresh pans, and she ran back to check with the kitchen to make sure everything for my meal had been kept separate and nobody had forgotten. She came out to tell me that everything was fine and I could relax and enjoy the show.

I got a salad, no dressing no croutons, a baked potato, steamed veggies, and ribs, no barbecue sauce. I brought my own barbecue sauce and salad dressing.

Although my meal was pretty different from everyone else's (standard is cole slaw, baked beans, soup, cornbread, ribs and/or chicken), it was wonderful, and they really went out of their way to make sure it was safe, and came out to check right after my meal was brought to make sure it was right. They also didn't charge extra.

I was really impressed. They made the evening really relaxing, and I felt like they were really paying close attention to what was going on, both in the dining room and in their kitchen.

Overall, they were awesome. A+

http://www.ribtrader.com/

:lol:

I had a great dinner last night!

When I got there, I reminded the waitress that my meal was supposed to be gluten free. We had a brief chat about cross-contamination and cooking on clean parts of the grill or in fresh pans, and she ran back to check with the kitchen to make sure everything for my meal had been kept separate and nobody had forgotten. She came out to tell me that everything was fine and I could relax and enjoy the show.

I got a salad, no dressing no croutons, a baked potato, steamed veggies, and ribs, no barbecue sauce. I brought my own barbecue sauce and salad dressing.

Although my meal was pretty different from everyone else's (standard is cole slaw, baked beans, soup, cornbread, ribs and/or chicken), it was wonderful, and they really went out of their way to make sure it was safe, and came out to check right after my meal was brought to make sure it was right. They also didn't charge extra.

I was really impressed. They made the evening really relaxing, and I felt like they were really paying close attention to what was going on, both in the dining room and in their kitchen.

Overall, they were awesome. A+

http://www.ribtrader.com/

Thanks for sharing, great to know. Is that the place that has "Merlin's Magic Dinner Show?" If so, was it entertaining, or cheesy? I've always wondered about that!

:lol: Thanks for sharing, great to know. Is that the place that has "Merlin's Magic Dinner Show?" If so, was it entertaining, or cheesy? I've always wondered about that!

It was the same restaurant, but I wasn't there for the magic show. They have other stuff there once in a while too, and my friends' band had a show there, so I was there for that. I'm going to go back and see the magic show, though, now that I know I can eat there and the food is good!