katinagj

Trouble Eating Breakfast Before Gluten Free

Rate this topic

I was just curious if anyone had trouble eating breakfast before they went gluten free. I never considered this to be a possible symptom of my medical problems growing up. But I have never been able to eat breakfast, and often would skip the meal completely and just eat lunch at noon to 1. Now that I am gluten free I am finding that it is getting easier and easier for me to eat breakfast. I used to feel sick first thing in the morning and the only thing I could ever stomach was fruit. Did anyone else experience this before going gluten free and did it get better for you too? I'm curious because my brother has some of the same issues with things as I do and I almost wonder if he doesn't have a gluten intolerance as well..though I doubt he would ever listen to me! :rolleyes:

I rarely ate breakfast up until about 5 years ago or so. Which is about when my hyperthyroid Grave's disease went into full swing, and even if I ate in my sleep I could never have enough food!

I eat breakfast every day now (Grave's diseae in full remission!). I can't expect my car to work without fuel in it, so how can I expect my own body to work without fuel in it?

I was just curious if anyone had trouble eating breakfast before they went gluten free. I never considered this to be a possible symptom of my medical problems growing up. But I have never been able to eat breakfast, and often would skip the meal completely and just eat lunch at noon to 1. Now that I am gluten free I am finding that it is getting easier and easier for me to eat breakfast. I used to feel sick first thing in the morning and the only thing I could ever stomach was fruit. Did anyone else experience this before going gluten free and did it get better for you too? I'm curious because my brother has some of the same issues with things as I do and I almost wonder if he doesn't have a gluten intolerance as well..though I doubt he would ever listen to me! :rolleyes:

Yup, me too. I used to live on chamomile tea in the a.m. That helped calm my sytem. Do make sure you eat a balanced breakfast with protein everyday as your system can handle it. Our bodies really need it. You'll most likely have more balanced energy throughout the morning if you keep an eye on carbs and have a sufficient amount of protein.